Where a bird sits
She perched on the edge of the chair
resting place or vantage point
rooftop lounge in downtown Los Angeles
variety of restaurants, design companies and cafes
Definition: Perch is a common name for fish of the genus Perca, freshwater gamefish belonging to the family Percidae. The perch, of which there are three species in different geographical areas, lend their name to a large order of vertebrates: the Perciformes, from the Greek perke meaning spotted, and the Latin forma meaning shape. Many species of freshwater gamefish more or less resemble perch, but belong to a different genera. In fact, the exclusively salt water dwelling red drum is often referred to as a red perch, even though by definition perch are freshwater fish. Though many fish are referred to as perch as a common name, to be considered a true perch the fish must be of the family Percidae.
- Perch (surname), a surname (and list of people with that name)
- The USS Perch, multiple ships with the name
- Perch (unit), antique unit of measure of length, area or volume, depending on context, used in medieval France and the British Isles. As a unit of length, replaced by the rod
- Perch, the main shaft connecting the front and rear axles of a coach or other vehicle
- Perch SSSI a Site of Special Scientific Interest in Somerset, England
- Perch (equilibristic), an equilibristic balancing act
- The Perch (Binsey), a historic pub in Binsey, Oxfordshire, England
- The Perch, a historic house in Austin, Texas, USA, part of Granger House and The Perch
- Perch class submarine, World War II era submarines of United States
Make your response simple. It doesn’t need to be a masterpiece. Take 5 minutes. Just respond and create a creative habit.
Please post the direct URL (link) where your drawing, doodle, artwork is posted (e.g. your blog, Flickr) in the comments area of this post. I would really like to keep all the artwork together and provide a way for others to see your work and/or your blog, and how your work relates to the other responses.
The Creative Prompt Project has a Flickr group, which you can join to post your responses. Are you already a member? I created that spot so those of you without blogs or websites would have a place to post your responses. Please join and look at all of the great artwork that people have posted.