I have about 3.5 more blocks o go before I start the border of this Cross Block/Flowering Snowball piece.
Day: March 15, 2009
This drawing is in response to the Creative Prompt #3: Bubbles, posted on March 6, 2009. I thought of bubbly drinks and continued with my little story. I did buy and try a Sharpie, but I didn’t like the way it blobbed at the end of lines, so I am back to the Uniball Vision Exact. Gabi Campanario over at Seattle Sketcher is now using a Pigma Micron pen. I have one of those, so I may try that.
Proximidade Award Received
I was pleased that Artquiltmaker Blog received an award this week from Friend Julie! Hooray. It comes at a fortuitous time, though, because I have been wondering if I should open a Cafe’ Press or Etsy shop and sell cards with my quilts on them! I hope I still qualify. 😉
“This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this clever-written text into the body of their award.”
Julie searched for more information and so did I, but neither of us found any origins for this award, so it may be some kind of chain letter award. The sentiment is good and it means a lot to me that Julie would choose me to receive one of her awards. She is a discriminating reader. I do try just to post what I enjoy writing about and what I think will interest you, dear readers. I would love prizes, wealth, fame and fortune, but that isn’t why I do this. I do it for fun, writing practice and to chronicle my quilt adventures.
I would give the award straight back to Julie. In order to spread the wealth a bit, though, here are the awardees to whom I am passing this award:
- Kristen from Ardent Peace: I love hearing about her daily goings on illustrated with photos
- Jan at Be*Mused: Fabulous photos and colors in her quilts
- Vicki at Field Trips in Fiber: I love the way she scours the web for people’s accomplishments and posts them. I also like the dyed fabrics she shows.
- Gabi at Seattle Sketcher: He is inspiring me to sketch more.
- Urban Sketchers: I really enjoy their drawings and am thrilled that they are willing to share. The idea of a joint blog where people post their work in a cooperative manner is so wonderful to me.
- Quilting Adventures Blog: Yes, this is a shop blog, but one of my favorite shops and I enjoy seeing what is going on at that shop. I also like it that they highlight the work of their customers. Nice work, Joyce and Phoebe!
- The Creative Mom Podcast & Blog: Amy has slowed down on her posting quite a bit, but she works very hard at putting out a professional product. I enjoy the creative prompts, which inspired me, and the music she finds to compliment the podcast.
- CraftSanity: It wouldn’t be right to leave out Jennifer Ackerman-Heywood. She does so much work promoting crafts and we all benefit.
Thanks for reading!