In 2019, I started a color project in an effort to use up my scraps. I ended up with 2-3 donation quilts of each color. It brought my attention to two things:
- how many scraps I have AND
- how little fabric it takes to make a quilt
Green, for some reason, was the first color that I worked on. I have enough scraps that I can make at least one more quilt with them.
The purple version was the second color I worked on, because a friend told me purple was a favorite color.
I have also made a red one which, for red, I find very calming.
The orange might be my favorite. I also used the most orange scraps.
The white version was not one of my favorites. I think it looks good, but it was not interesting to piece because most of the pieces were of a similar size and fabric. Finished in January 2020. More information can be found in the post about the donation.
I finally got to blue. This improv version is the third quilt top I have made from my blue scraps! I finished it in October 2020. Tim quilted it in December 2020 and it was finally finished by March 2021.
I started this yellow piece right before I redid my workroom in July of 2021. It languished for quite awhile while we procrastinated putting up my design walls. I finally finished the piecing in March of 2022. Erin M. finished the quilting in November of 2022.