When I started piecing Sunday (the only day I had to piece over the weekend) the above photo shows where I started. I felt a little quilt nervous breakdown-ish. The reds and pinks were really making me a bit crazy. I gave myself the day to finish the top, but part of me didn’t think I would get through it.
I started off by unsewing a whole bunch of patches that I had pieced just to get something done on Thursday or some normally non-sewing day. Unsewing got me into the groove of sewing. Above you can see that I have started to get the reds and pinks under control. There was some kind of shift in my brain and working slowly through each patch allowed me to get into the groove and make progress.
Above: four large chunks left to sew together.
The top above is finished. At least the main part is finished. I haven’t decided if I will add another grey border to accommodate the quilting process. I am concerned that the dots won’t match. As I turned away to come to the computer to write, I thought about piping as a way to accommodate the distortion of the quilting process and the dots not matching.
Not completely finished, but well on its way. If I can get the back done I can take it be quilted! YAY!