TFQ already talked about our Flying Geese exchange on her blog. Still, I am going to talk about it here. Over the course of the year, probably ad nauseum. Still, it is my blog.
I like doing projects with TFQ. The last one we did together was the Star Sampler. She is waiting to finish hers, but mine is done.
As you might remember, we started off, after PIQF, exchanging the PIQF Cross blocks. TFQ admitted to sincerely disliking those blocks before I did, but I really did not like them very much. When we finally got on the same page, TFQ suggested Flying Geese patches and I thought that was a good idea.
We decided to use the same color selections: light, bright grey, which was good. I already had a selection out to use. I have since picked out a few others.
First off: I started off making the Flying Geese wrong. That is why you see some of the geese have been made into chevrons. I just have them on my design wall arranged like that for kicks. I can’t see making more of the Flying Geese the wrong way. I don’t suppose you ever really know.
That meant that I had to start over, recutting, readjusting my brain and sewing more to catch up.
Next, I got reacquainted with the Deb Tucker Flying Geese ruler. I have also used other rulers such as the Creative Grids Flying Geese ruler. This time I am using the Deb Tucker Flying Geese ruler. Once I figured out what size to cut each square, then I churned out several geese. The Deb Tucker Flying Geese ruler makes 4 at a time, which is one reason I like it.
Aside from actually mailing off the patches, which I keep forgetting, I am doing pretty well making them. This is a much better project. I am already thinking about what I will do the mounds of Flying Geese I am going to have. I do have ideas, especially for these, which are gorgeous!