In my last post on this topic, I was feeling as though I was on the verge of finishing several projects. I have two large quilt projects well in hand, but nothing else, really. I guess that means I am still on the verge or was mistaken or could have been experiencing a bout of wishful thinking.
Finished 2016 Quilt Projects
Cityscape/Red & Black Improv Quilt – I still have to put the sleeve on, but the binding is on, so it is ready to go.
Flower Sugar donation quilt (I feel odd putting this finish here as there is so much I didn’t do on this piece – still there isn’t anywhere else to put it)
Finished 2016 non-Quilt Projects
- 1 Birthday Gift bag
- Charity Girls’ 1 Hour Baskets
- Christmas Tablerunner
- Half Moon Modern Chubby Charmer
- Periwinkle Sew Together Bag
- 4 gift bags – nutcracker, gingerbread house, etc
- my Sew Together Bag
- Periwinkle Multi-tasker Tote
- 1 Squiggly line gift bag
- Thanksgiving tablerunner #1
- 1 turquoise present Christmas gift bag
The ‘In Process’ is used to denote projects on which I am actively working or pretending to stitch.
- Carpenter’s Wheel blocks – I finished all of them and am working on the layout.
- English Paper Piecing Project– half hexies – I finished adding another big section. I am excited about the La Passcaglia EPP project, so I may finish this up as….something and then move on. We’ll see. I had thought about this as my NSGW project and I may need to see that through.
- Food Quilt #3 – food patches are cut. I went to start sewing and realized I didn’t have the center squares cut, so I have started to cut those. I haven’t made much progress, though I have purchased a few and may get busy as this would be a good quilt on which to make progress during the sewing of the FOTY 2015 patches.
- Lobster – have more stitching to do and then I need to quilt it.
- Horizon Midi Bag – have to finish top stitching
- Octagon 9 Patch: ready to put together. Not sure what I am waiting for
- Peacock Quilt – all of the large blocks are finished and I am working on the smaller blocks!
- Pies and Points from Victoria Findlay Wolfe class. No further piecing progress, but I did buy more background fabric.
- Stepping Stones #2 – I worked on this for awhile. I used the project as leaders and enders while I was sewing FOTY 2015. I need to measure the blocks I have and figure out where to go from here.
I still have WIPs. Who doesn’t, after all? A project in the ‘UFO’ category means I am stalled. A nicer way of saying UFO, to me, is a WIP. The list is a lot shorter and the projects are newer, for the most part.
- Aqua-Red Sampler – I still have to work on the partial seaming tutorial.
- The Tarts Come to Tea: I still haven’t worked on this since April 2011, though, it is in a prominent location so I have easy access. I was thinking about how this was veering in the direction of being one of my ‘masterpieces,’ but now that it has languished for so long it just looks old and dated.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. I still haven’t worked on this project either, but I do think about it.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. My career counselor breathed new life into this project for me. She asked a simple question and the end result was inspiration for this piece, but I kind of lost steam again after printing images on paper to try out different designs. Lately, I have stopped feeling like I need to finish this piece. I am not ready to give up on it yet. I think it really needs major surgery.
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design, but not the colors. Still a possibility for abandonment. Just can’t seem to pull the trigger.
- City Sampler/ Tale of Two Cities blocks. No progress despite the small group at BAMQG.
- Serendipity Lady Quilt
Ready for Quilting
Wow! Everything on this list is new, as in it was never on the original 26 Projects list.
- 2 Thanksgiving tablerunners
In Quilting Process
Nothing being quilted.
Hunting and Gathering
- Blue Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5″x 4.5″ blue rectangles
- Blue Lemonade: cutting blue, green, purple 2″ squares
- Food Quilt #3: cutting blue fabrics
- Pink Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5″x 4.5″ pink rectangles
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. I probably have enough fabrics and just need to decide to start.
- Stepping Stones #3 using the Macaron pre-cuts from Hoffman. I have all the fabric in pre-cuts and am just waiting for space in my schedule.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering. I am supposed to be cutting a variety of greys for the background. The problem is that I mislaid the rotary template. Sigh. I may be able to cut the background greys on a Sizzix.
What’s on your list?