Julie posted about her Windmills/our joint Windmill project and it occurred to me that I hadn’t post anything about this potential quilt.
I am still very much in the Hunting and Gathering stage at this point and I don’t know how large it will be, what the background color will be or anything about it yet. It is not yet up on my radar, which it why it never occurred to me to post about it.
Julie and I went to lunch last week and she gave a bunch of windmills she had cut for me. The photo shows some of them. Lots of lovely and luscious batiks!
We are cutting windmills for each other and we are using a Come Quilt With Me rotary cutting template/ruler. It is a piece of Lucite thick enough to use with a rotary cutter. It was very slick, so I put True Grips on the bottom to keep it still while I cut. True Grips are expensive, so I use the background as well as the dots. I think they work better than the sheet of plastic that can be adhered to rulers. True Grips are easier to put on as well.
I cut Windmills whenever I am cutting into a new piece of fabric or pull out a piece of fabric from the fabric closet, so there is quite a variety. Lots of dots, pinks and turquoises. 😉
For the moment, I am just going to continue cutting. I have other projects on my plate that are higher up on the list.
4 thoughts on “Windmill Project”
I cut you a whole bunch more! Couldn’t find True Grips at my LQS, so I used a loop of sticky medical adhesive tape. Worked fine and no more sliced fingertips. I took a picture of the windmills on a grey background and will be posting soon so you can see how it looks.
Can’t wait to see what you cut. If I ever get out of the tyranny of having my Fridays taken up, we can have lunch again.
This looks interesting! I will stand by 4 finish.
It would be nice if I could find my template so I could cut the background and actually start putting it together! I may have to buy another.
Comments are closed.