I am not ready to piece yet, but I am so much farther along than I was when I last checked in.
I know a number of you liked the falling water/color gradation effect, but process wins and it wasn’t working for me.
This is so much better. I couldn’t have done it without the work I did on the first version. I did extensive sorting of the colors, as you may have noticed if you enlarged the photos and looked carefully. I expect that most of you didn’t have time and will just take my word for it.
The extensive sorting that I did really helped me leap frog over the preliminary shuffling that I have done in the past. I’ll have to keep that in mind for the future.
I still have a lot of work to do, but I am feeling better about the piece.
Previous Posts that Might be of Interest:
- The Start of it All: Coalescing Ideas
- Falling Water Version of FOTY 2013
- First Version of TFQ’s Fabric of the Year Quilt