FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Voices In Cloth 2018 Show Celebrates Quilting Diversity in the East Bay
Albany, California, 11 December 2017 – Returning to the beautiful Richmond shoreline at the historic Craneway Pavilion on March 17-18, the region’s largest non-profit quilt show will have lots to offer anyone interested in quilts, textiles, sewing, wearable art, and more. Voices In Cloth (VIC) 2018 will feature demonstrations, delicious on-site catering, specialty vendors, two special exhibits (over 100 art quilts & a curated show of contemporary Korean textiles), as well as scores of quilts by East Bay Heritage Quilters (EBHQ) members.
Hours: Saturday 10 – 5, Sunday 10 – 4.
Tickets: 2 day admission $15; 12 and under free. Advance purchase price $10 before March 2. Buy ticket(s) online http://vic2018.brownpapertickets.com/
Show location: Craneway Pavilion,1414 Harbour Way South., Richmond, CA.
Driving directions and map
Parking: Free on-site parking.
Accessibility: Wheelchair and stroller accessible.
At the Show:
- Over 300 beautiful EBHQ quilts and garments
- Over 40 specialty vendors See the list
- A Marketplace of quilts and fiber art for sale
- Special Exhibits:
- Korean Voices in Fiber: Translating Tradition into Contemporary Art Read more…
- Small Art Quilts from the collection of Sue Arnold More…
- Tips and techniques for all skill levels
- A “bed turning” by the San Jose Museum of Quilt and Textiles of quilts from their collection
- Fabric postcards made by EBHQ members for sale. Take a look.
- Door prizes
- Quilts made by kids – Call for Entries
- Children’s activities
- Raffle quilts
Our name suggests tradition, but our biennial quilt show is broad, and is neither juried nor judged. The efforts of each individual quilter, whether beginner or experienced – traditionalist, modern, or art quilter – are equally valued and enjoyed on their own merits.
Make a day of it and visit the fascinating Rosie the Riveter/WWII Home Front National Historical Park, immediately adjacent to the Craneway Pavilion, or take a stroll on the Bay Trail after you see the show.
East Bay Heritage Quilters is centered in the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area. We are a non-profit quilt guild founded in 1978. http://www.ebhq.org/
Our purposes are to:
- Continue and preserve the traditions of quilting
- Promote camaraderie among people in all aspects of quilting
- Contribute to the knowledge and appreciation of fine quilts
- Sponsor and support quilting activities through educational sessions and special events
- Serve the wider community through the Deanna Davis Community Quilt Project, providing more than 1000 quilts per year to a variety of charitable and disaster relief projects.
For more information, contact: Ryan Young, 510-484-6118; email@example.com