I blame this project on Ruth over at Pippin Sequim.
I didn’t want to do it.
I resisted. Really I did, but the creative urge took over. It caught me at weak point and I gave in.
I also was inspired by the art exhibited at the Art Institute of Chicago and a design popped into my head. It was a good time to give in a engage in the entire process of quiltmaking- from design to binding.
Everything with this project has gone very smoothly. Knock wood! The fabric arrived, I had enough tracing paper and the right tools to draw the design. I found Saral Transfer paper and was able to transfer the design with little to no drama.
I am using Aurifil 28wt thread and it is working well and playing nicely with my machine.
Now I am quilting. I can only quilt for about 6 hours at a time and even that is pushing the friendship. I would do better to quilt a couple of hours a day, but the set up and clean up is daunting. I did a whole flower and finished the vase last weekend. I am making progress.