In EQ7 this block is called Nameless (it’s Barbara Brackman number is 2047). I don’t know if that means that its name is ‘Nameless’ or that it doesn’t have a name. It is possible that the name is just not in EQ, though they are pretty good, so I think that is unlikely. If it doesn’t have a name, that is kind of sad. I think it looks like a prism or a crystal, so that is what I am calling it. I’ll look it up sometime and see.
I am, however, not making as much progress as I wanted. I really wanted to make all 12 blocks over the holiday weekend, so I would be caught up. That isn’t going to happen, though, I have made a dent.
I also have to select the next four blocks to make and I haven’t even begun to think about that.
I have to say that my attempts at choosing fabrics were a bit feeble before I started making blocks. I am using the fabrics from the group I chose early on, but I have been finding that I have to add to them as well. I grabbed that light purple dot for this block and have used it in one other. I also have a batik that I think I will add to the group. I didn’t have enough darks (but I think I knew that), so I have added some darker solids. I don’t want to overwhelm the aquas and light purples, so I am trying to use them judiciously.
This is an excellent exercise in contrasts and in making sure that the stars are crisp.
We are working on on the Oh My Stars quilt-a-long, though it was started awhile ago and everyone else is done!