All of those year end lists will soon be out, including my year-end summing up. It’s been a few months since I did an inventory of my works in progress, so I thought this was a good time.
Finished 2017 Quilt Projects
Finished 2017 Non-Quilt Projects
While finished quilts are still a bit thin on the ground, I have been sewing. I have finished a lot of small projects, I am working on quilts and I have one more quilt finished this year than I did last time.
- Boxcar Tote
- California Pillow
- Clippy pincushion for Tim
- 4 Clippy Pincushions for gifts
- 4 more Clippy Pincushions for Retreat Committee
- Cosmic Wonder Dust scarf
- Cupcake Pillowcases
- Dark Blue Journal Cover
- Emerald Philip Jacobs Cell Phone Wallet
- EPP Travel Kit for Mary
- Gift Basket of various items
- Gift Clippy Pincushion
- Habitat Cell Phone Wallet
- Jane Market Tote for Mary
- Journal cover for Mary
- Key Ring for Mary
- Lanyard & Scissor Sheath for Mary
- Le Cafe Pillowcases for gifts
- Lichen Scarf for YM’s friend
- Make It Take it Large Tote
- Make It Take it Small Tote
- Make It Take It Sunflower Tote
- Mugrug for Mary
- Nighthawk Scarf for YM’s friend
- Needle Safe for Mary
- One Hour Basket for me
- One Hour Basket for Mary
- Pencil Roll for Mary
- Perfect Pincushion for Mary
- Poolside Tote
- Red Dot Cell Phone Wallet
- Skeleton Cuff pillowcase
- Sunflower napkins
- Tissue Cover for Mary
- Tooly McToolston
This year so far I have used 157 yards of fabric making the above along with donation blocks and tops. I am finally in the black in terms of usage.
- Maureen’s Bits Donation Top
- Bubble Quilt
- Ends Donation Top
- Star Donation Top
- Stars #2 Donation Top
- Stars #3 Donation Top/Back – Finished piece came back
- Yellow Donation Top/Back #2
The ‘In Process’ is used to denote projects on which I am actively working or pretending to stitch. I try not to put away projects, because that will ensure I never work on them.
- City Sampler – blocks all made. Need to sash the blocks and finish putting the top together. Due to some issues I had with my seam allowance, some of the blocks are smaller than others, so I will have to adjust them in some way – either adding a piece or two to the block or with sashing. This is sort of a sticking point and while I consider this quilt ‘in process’ I haven’t worked on it.
- Dots & Stripes HST Quilt (or Something) – half square triangle blocks are made. I laid them out and see what is what with them. These blocks did not turn out as planned. I will put them together and donate the top to Charity.
- English Paper Piecing Project– half hexies – I haven’t worked on this in awhile since I have been knitting while I watch TV. I’ll get back to it.
- En Provence – I have three quarters of the quilt put together and am nearing the end.
- FOTY 2016 – I didn’t capitalize on my excitement after seeing the Ellsworth Kelly exhibit and now I have lost that rush. I still need to get on it. I’d like to get the top finished by the end of the year, if nothing els.
- Lobster – I still have more stitching to do and then I need to quilt it.
- Triple Star: The blocks are all made and I have an idea of how to lay it out.
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design and am happier with the colors. I had an idea for it and would like to finish it by the end of the year.
I still have WIPs. Who doesn’t, after all? A project in the ‘UFO’ category means I am stalled. A nicer way of saying UFO is a WIP. The list is a lot shorter and the projects are newer, for the most part.
- Aqua-Red Sampler – I need to lay the blocks out and put the piece together.
- BAMaQG IRR – I have decided to quilt it and donate it to charity.
- BAMaQG Color Round Robin – no progress.
- Octagon 9 Patch: It is ready to put together. I could have used it as leaders and enders for a number of different projects I have going. I didn’t, mostly because I have a lot I can use as leaders and enders. Not sure what I am waiting for. Do I want to lay out the blocks more carefully? I actually have a plan for it, so I should get on it. I should do a lot of things.
- The Tarts Come to Tea: I still haven’t worked on this since April 2011, though, I did bring it to the 2017 CQFA Retreat as a potential project. It is still in a prominent location so I have easy access. I plan to bring it to the BAMaQG retreat.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. No progress.
- Pies and Points from Victoria Findlay Wolfe class. No further progress. I did wash the background fabric I found when I went to Portland, so I am ready to cut. I need to focus on this and it is not up high enough on the list yet.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. I am stalled on this again. Again, I didn’t capitalize on the excitement I got from my career counselor and now the feeling is lost.
- Serendipity Lady Quilt: no progress.
- Stepping Stones #2 – I am still ready to make the border blocks , but haven’t gone beyond designing them yet.
- Stripes & Dots HST quilt – need to sew blocks together.
Ready for Quilting
- Nothing at the moment
In Quilting Process
- Mostly Manor Lozenge quilt – Colleen is quilting it and I sent her the bindinga few days ago.
- Thanksgiving tablemat – I started quilting this piece at the 2017 CQFA Retreat. I made good progress, but it isn’t finished yet. It will be another BAMaQG retreat project.
- Theoretically, the Tarts Come to Tea is in the quilting process, though I haven’t worked on it in a while. See above.
Nothing at the moment
Hunting and Gathering
- 30 Something: I am still cutting 1.5 inch squares. I am pretty sure I have the 800 I need, but I am not ready to sew them together yet, so whenever I have a chance I cut more. It will give me choice when the time comes. I’ll have to think up a new name, too.
- Blue Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5 inch x 4.5 inch blue rectangles. It has to end sometime. I am just not sure I am ready.
- Blue Lemonade: cutting blue, green, purple 2 inch squares. I used a lot of these squares for En Provence, so I will need to cut more.
- Pink Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5 inch x 4.5 inch pink rectangles
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. I probably have enough fabrics and just need to decide to start.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering. I am supposed to be cutting a variety of greys for the background. I bought a new template, so I should be able to get going again
- Stepping Stones #3 using the Macaron pre-cuts from Hoffman. I have all the fabric in pre-cuts and am just waiting for space (and desire) in my schedule.
What’s on your list?