I have made a bit more progress.
Finished 2019 Quilt Projects
- Aqua-Red Sampler – finished March 2019
- City Sampler – finished May 2019
- Fabric of the Year 2017 – finished July 2019
- Metroscape – finished March 2019
- Stepping Stones n.2 – finished January 1, 2019
Finished 2019 Non-Quilt Projects
This category covers bags, toys, aprons and knitting as well as other non-quilt projects.
- Alison’s Bag – finished 1/2019
- All Rolled Up Tote – finished 1/13/2019
- Batik Chubby Charmer – finished 5/28/2019
- Beth’s Flapper Apron gift – finished 12/2018
- Cathy’s Flapper Apron gift – finished 12/2018
- Cell Phone Wallet – solid black – finished 6/17/2019
- Cell Phone Wallet – white dots on black – finished 6/17/2019
- Circle Tablerunner – finished 6/30/2019
- Dee’s Flapper Apron gift – finished 12/2018
- Drawstring Bags for gifts – finished 3/2019
- Gerre’s Classmates Tote – finished 2/2019
- Gerre’s Journal Cover gift – finished 2/2019
- Gerre’s Pillowcases gift – finished 2/2019
- Juggling Balls gift – finished 1/2019
- Maureen’s Bag gift – finished 1/30/2019
- Maureen’s pincushion gift – finished 1/30/2019
- May’s Chubby Charmer gift – finished 5/8/2019
- May’s Flapper Apron gift – finished 12/2018
- Mod Lights buffet runner/tablerunner – finished 3/2019
- My Flapper Apron – finished 3/7/2019
- Orange Journal Cover – finished 7/2019
- Paint Tube Flapper Apron – finished 7/2019
- Red Journal Cover – finished 5/2019
- Sea Scarf – finished 4/2019
- Stephanie’s Flapper Apron gift – finished 12/2018
- Textured Cube – finished 1/23/2019
- Under the Sea pillow – finished 3/22/2019
- Ends n.7 quilt top and back – finished 1/6/2019
- Ends n.8 quilt top and back – finished 4/11/2019
- Green Strips quilt top and back – finished 1/16/2019
- Green Thing donation top and back – finished 2/2019
- Libs Elliot donation top – finished 2/2019 – Cheryl actually did the quilting and the binding. She made me feel good by saying she really liked the quilt. I should try the technique using stripes instead of making stripes and see if I feel differently. I should do a lot of things.
- Orange Strip donation top – finished July 2019
- Purple Improv donation quilt top – finished 3/2019
- Purple Strips donation quilt top and back
- Red Improv donation top – finished 6/2019
- Spiky Stars n.3 donation top and back – finished 3/2019
- Tuleberg Pillowcases – finished 7/24/2019
The ‘In Process’ is used to denote projects on which I am actively working or are on the design wall waiting for me to stitch. I try not to put away projects, because that will ensure I never work on them
- English Paper Piecing Project– half hexies – I have a big stack of stars ready to sew into the quilt. I am still thinking of my friend Faye whenever I work on it. She says that I have to think of this as my slow project.
- Flying Around (was Flying Geese quilt) – just started, still cutting and some sewing
- Serendipity Lady – thought I needed to rip out some stitching, but decided I didn’t. I need to decide how to finish it. I would like to frame this one.
- Lobster – I finished the stitching. I plan to back it and overlock or satin stitch the edges. Really, I would like to frame it. That may still be in the cards.
Ready for Quilting
In the Quilting Process
In the Finishing Process
I still have WIPs. Who doesn’t, after all? A project in the ‘UFO’ category means I am stalled. A nicer way of saying UFO is a WIP. The list is a lot shorter and the projects are newer, for the most part.
- FOTY 2018 – this has to be on the list now as I have cut a ton of squares and need to arrange and sew it together. As I am still working on FOTY 2017, I haven’t made a start on this yet.
- Handbag Sampler – this is still the forgotten project. It should be on the UFO list. Too bad I don’t have one. The blocks were teaching samples when I taught a sampler class the time before I started writing the quilt class sampler tutorials. I found one block recently, but otherwise I actually don’t know exactly where the blocks are hiding. I have an idea and still have to crawl up in the far reaches of my fabric closet soon and see if I can find them. I haven’t even found a picture of all the blocks. Sad.
- Pies and Points from 2016 Victoria Findlay Wolfe class. The last time I worked on it was when Julie and I had a playdate in April 2018. I brought this piece with me so I could cut more elements (Julie has a Sizzix). I lost my excitement about this piece shortly thereafter and still have to get it back. Thus, I had to move this to the WIPs area.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. No progress.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. I am still stalled on this again. As one of my oldest (I am pretty sure) UFO, I put it on my blog and out into the Twitterverse and Diane suggested that I not consider this as a self portrait. I think that strategy is a great idea. I am now trying to think of a new persona for her.
- Black and Red quilt – This project is creeping into my mind, so it might be up for work soon. The project originally came about because of two other projects. I made a whole bunch of bias tape as part of my failed attempt at doing the Mighty Lucky Club a few years ago. Another part of the inspiration came from my class with Tina of Little Blue Cottage fame. This was going to be for a nephew, but I think it will be for one of my SILs and BILs. I have rectangles cut and some bias tape ready. My next step is to sew the bias tape to the rectangles like pickup sticks. I don’t have any photos of this, so you’ll have to use your imagination.
- Who Am I? – This piece is off my design. I have lost momentum, but I think that just has to do with the amount of satin stitching I am facing.
Small Projects in Process
Most of my progress involves thinking or just cutting.
- 4-Zip Organizer – part of Crafty Gemini Organizer Club. I quilted the outside cover and need to figure out the next step so I can do the next step
- Mondo Bag – started laying out mini-charms
- Poolside tote gift – I cut out all the pieces. Now the pieces are laying around my workroom.
- Retreat Organizer – another project from the Crafty Gemini Organizer Club, also on my list, but not yet started
- Ultimate Project Organizer – another project from the Crafty Gemini Organizer Club, also on my list, but not yet started