Blue Strips #2 is progressing, though slowly as I have reached critical mass of projects/steps in projects.
The blocks are done. I sewed the blocks into rows with small pieces of sashing making up the columns.I chose the size of the horizontal sashing based on the amount of fabric I had. Now, it is hard to tell where the blocks are and where the divider/sashing is. It is an interesting look. Different. I don’t dislike it.
Now, I am adding sashing. I was thrilled when the first piece of sashing fit perfectly!!!
The vertical sashing is larger, because I cut it first and I liked the width. I didn’t think about ratios to the size of the blocks this time. I wanted something light and green. I think I am still go for that calm feeling.
There is a big space in my photo, because the second piece of sashing did not fit perfectly and I have to rip.
I am using red thread because I am also working on sewing down the bias strips and I want to work on both projects at the same time.