In addition to the Pink Moto pouch I made, I also made a black one.
I have said I like to make more than one of the same pattern so I can get the process in my head or smooth out the challenges I had with a pattern. These two pouches were no exception.
As mentioned, I struggled a bit with the drop-in lining on the pink version. I don’t sew patterns with drop-in linings very often, but I would be smart to make more to cement the techniques for making them look good in my mind.
I used the same lining as the Skeleton Hackney, because it was handy, I think, and looks good with the black.
It is somewhat cheerful. The background fabric used for Who Am I? is the same print, but in a different colorway.
I am pretty happy with the way the lining came out. It isn’t too saggy-baggy. Since the lining is sewn separately and then inserted, it is pretty easy to sew it with a smaller seam allowance.
As you can see I added in a Wunderlabel at the last minute. That’s why it ended up in such a weird place. I am trying to be better about sewing them on intentionally.
I can’t remember what size Moto Pouches I made. I think these might be medium. They were fiddly enough without going to the small. I really admire the testers for Sara’s patterns. They have to make all the sizes whether they want to or not.
I think this a useful size. Not sure what I would use it for, but I would probably make it again as a gift. It might be good for the nephews.