The Labor Day Sew-in was fun. What can be better than sewing in your pajamas and chatting with your friends?
The first thing I finished was four ATCs.
I worked on the bag for the Purse Palooza. Putting this bag together was difficult, because of all of the layers. In some parts there were 7 layers. That doesn’t even count the areas where there were seam allowances. I had some trouble with a needle, so I tried a leather and a jeans needle.
I did finish it. DH had to help me with the rivets. I might make another one with canvas just to see the difference. Not sure I will finish it before Purse Palooza, though if I used the same fabric, I would be a bit ahead of the game since I cut some extras. We will see.
Monday, I worked on recovering our couch cushions. The last time I recovered them was when we were staging our old house for sale. The Young Man was a baby so about 17 years ago. One was shredding. Sheesh. What a pain. The fabric was terrible and I had all sorts of problems sewing them. The only thing that made the pillow recovering bearable was the Google Hangout with the other Twilters and podcasters. Look for a post on that project soon.
After finishing the cushion covers, I was a little bit at loose ends. I didn’t have a specific project that was really at the forefront of my mind. I didn’t have enough time to start quilting the Wonky 9 Patch, so I just puttered around tidying up and sewing hexagons together.
I didn’t get as much done as I thought I would, but some of these projects have been on my mind for awhile, so I am pleased with my work.
Other LDSI Reports:
- Sweet Dreams By Sarah
- Daisy will have a podcast available this week and will draw for her winners: http://ldq.outlandishthreads.com
- Quiltin’ Jenny has a wrapup
- Gretchen over at 120 blocks wrote a report
- Sandy wrote her LDSI Recap, Project Hope Finish & More post
- JulieZS wrote two posts! She wrote about Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3. She is the winner with the most number of posts. Julie has been doing a great job posting frequently lately