I need to get more masks finished. I have several from the video pattern in progress, but haven’t gotten to finish them. I need a few more since I seem to be going out a little more. I want to change them after every day I go out. As I mentioned, the YM needs some solid versions for work. I found some fun fabrics leftover from pillowcases.
On Sunday when I wasn’t sewing on the Red Scribbles quilt, I made a couple of masks using the pattern from Jen Carlton Bailly and some Bonnie & Camille fabric. I was pleased to be able to use my rotary templates form her class. The pattern went together very quickly and I used some wire that my mom sent me when nose pieces weren’t available.
One nice thing about this pattern is the little bit of trim that is created when inserting the nose piece. Also, the nose piece isn’t as fiddly to insert as on my other pattern.
I haven’t tried these on as I plan to give them to my neighbor and I don’t want to share my germs. I need to make myself one to see if it fits, however.