I want to give up on the 26 Projects List and do something fun, but somehow after finishing the backs last week, I pulled out the blocks my SIL and I made and started putting them together.
These blocks are on the small side and I thought I would have to make more, but, as you can see, the blocks I have will make quite a large quilt.
My first idea was to just lay them out the way they came out of the box and, then, move them around. I didn’t have to do much moving around, though. They came out pretty well when I laid them out. There is a quite a lot of variety in the fabrics and also a good balance of light and dark. There were a few places where I switch a couple of blocks so that a print was next to a tone-on-tone rather than next to another print.
The adjustments I made were very small adjustments.
This is pretty much the layout I am using for sewing.
I did have to move the row on the far right to the bottom to make the ‘wreaths’ finish on the bottom.
I have not yet completed the borders as of this writing, but will do that later. I put on a Pure Elements Grey border, but will also put on another border of blue stripes as well.
I was amazed at how fast this top went together. I am also very pleased with the movement created by the different fabrics. My SIL has a different palette than I do and the combination of her floral blue-greys with my aquas and turquoises is a great combination.
This will be another large quilt, but will be good for a boy to grow into.