I got a bug in my ear to make Hallowe’en pillowcases for the YM and his roommates. I bought some panels at the Fabric Depot when I was in Portland. I spent some time on Thursday finally finishing them. They are ready to go.
I am not exactly sure why I decided on panels, but they are bold and not cutesy, which is good for boys….uh Young Men.
The top one came out pretty well. I like how the orange and black stripe lined up pretty well along the edge.
The second set is much the same as the first. The orange stripe came out pretty well on this one, too.
I bought about 6 sets of panels as I needed two sets for each pillowcase. Sadly, one panel was just a bit short of the 27″ measurement I use for the pillowcases.
I like the way the skull is placed on the back of the 3rd pillowcase.
They are all made from the same fabric and not appreciably different. I don’t know if they will use them. It will be a little connection to the YM after college. Or they will throw them out and that will be that.