Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble
Tennessee’s Bell Witch
Salem Witch Trials
W.I.T.C.H. – 2004 to 2006 TV series
The “witch of Agnesi” is a curve studied by Maria Agnesi in 1748 in her book Instituzioni analitiche ad uso della gioventù italiana (the first surviving mathematical work written by a woman). The curve is also known as cubique d’Agnesi or agnésienne, and had been studied earlier by Fermat and Guido Grandi in 1703.
The name “witch” derives from a mistranslation of the term averisera (“versed sine curve,” from the Latin vertere, “to turn”) in the original work as avversiera (“witch” or “wife of the devil”) in an 1801 translation of the work by Cambridge Lucasian Professor of Mathematics John Colson (Gray).
The Witches of Eastwick
Leland’s witches do not see Lucifer as the evil Satan that Christians see, but a benevolent god of the Sun and Moon. The ritual format of contemporary Stregheria is roughly similar to that of other Neopagan witchcraft religions such as Wicca.
The Witch (2015 movie)
Witch of Hemwick (Bloodborne Wiki)
Kitchen Witch Bone Broth produced nutrient dense, healing bone broth from local and sustainable ingredients.
Glinda the Good Witch
WITCH (World Induced Technical Change Hybrid model) is one of the main modelling tools developed within FEEM’s Sustainable Development research
Every Witch Way (Nickelodean)
Wicked Witch of the East
The Ale and the Witch is an American Small Craft Taps and Casks House located in Saint Petersburg, FL.
Witch Dungeon Museum, Salem, Mass.
Witch Baby Soap
The Last Witch Hunter
Bubble Witch 2
Fat Witch (NYC’s legendary brownie)
Rediscover the magic and synchronicity that unfold when you come back to yourself and your center. Join Maia Toll for Witch Camp – The Course!
The Switch Witch Halloween book and doll brings a magical, fun tradition to your family and solves the problem of too much candy in a way that kids love!
Salem Witch Walk
Bad Witch is an Australian based online store. Necklaces, Rings, Earrings. Stones including: Moonstone, Amethyst, Rose Quartz and Clear Quartz.
Sarah Graley has created Pizza Witch as the very first webcomic for Comic Book Slumber Party!
The White Witch Golf Course is carved from the rolling countryside of Jamaica’s historic Rose Hall Plantation and is an 18-hole championship golf course.
- Witch (lefteye flounder) (Arnoglossus scapha), a Pacific flatfish
- Witch (righteye flounder) (Glyptocephalus cynoglossus), a European flatfish
- Megrim (Lepidorhombus whiffiagonis), sometimes known as witch
Books and fairy tales
- The hag, stock character in fairy tales
- The Witch (fairly tale), a Russian fairy tale
- The Witches (book), a children’s book by Roald Dahl
- Witches (Discworld), witches as represented in Terry Pratchett’s Discworld novels
- Witches (Marvel Comics), a 2004 supernatural comic book mini-series published by Marvel Comics
- W.I.T.C.H., a 2001 comic book
- Wytches (comics), a 2014 horror comic series by Scott Snyder and Jock
Film and television
- Häxan, a 1922 Danish film, released in some English speaking countries as The Witches
- The Witch (1952 film) (Noita palaa elämään), a 1952 Finnish horror film
- La strega in amore, a 1966 Italian drama-horror film by Damiano Damiani also known as The Witch
- The Witches (1966 film), a 1966 British horror film
- The Witches (1967 film), a 1967 Italian film
- The Witches (1990 film), a 1990 film based on Roald Dahl’s book
- The Witch (2015 film), an American horror film directed by Robert Eggers
- W.I.T.C.H. (TV series), a 2004 television series based on the eponymous comic book
- Witch (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), witches as represented in the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- “Witch” (Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode), a 1997 episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Witch (band), a doom/stoner metal band formed in 2005
- Witch (Zamrock band), a 1970s Zambian rock band
- Witch (Gangsta Boo & La Chat EP), 2014
- Witch (Boyfriend EP)
- The Witch, a side project of Cold (band) started in 2006
- “The Witch”, a successful 1970 single by The Rattles
- “The Witch”, a 1965 song by The Sonics
- The Witches, a 90s Israeli, all-female alternative/heavy rock trio led by Inbal Perlmuter
- Wytches, a 1994 album by British Goth rock band Inkubus Sukkubus
- The Wytches, an English three-piece surf-psych band
Plays and ballets
- The Witch, a 1616 play by Thomas Middleton
- The Witch, English title of Anne Pederstotter (play) (1908)
- The Witch (ballet), John Cranko’s 1931 ballet to Maurice Ravel’s Piano Concerto No. 2 in G Major
- HMS Witch (D89), a British destroyer in commission in the Royal Navy during the mid-1920s and from 1939 to 1945
- HMS Waterwitch, the name of more than one ship of the Royal Navy
- Witch (catboat), a racing boat built in 1900
- Witch of Endor, a fictional ship featured in the Horatio Hornblower stories
- Witches (video game), a 2010 video game
- The Witch, an extremely powerful and unplayable special infected in the video game series Left 4 Dead
- Witch (word)
- WITCH (computer), an early Dekatron computer renamed the Wolverhampton Instrument for Teaching Computing from Harwell
- WITCH experiment, a particle physics experiment
- Women’s International Terrorist Conspiracy from Hell, an American feminist organization
- Greenwood Witch, ultralight aircraft
- The HalloWeekends Witch, a leader of the Screamsters during HalloWeekends at Cedar Point amusement park
Post the direct URL (link) where your drawing, doodle, artwork is posted (e.g. your blog, Flickr) in the comments area of this post. I would really like to keep all the artwork together and provide a way for others to see your work and get familiar with your blog or website.
The Creative Prompt Project, also, has a Flickr group, which you can join to post your responses. I created this spot so those of you without blogs and websites would have a place to post your responses.
We are also talking about this on Twitter and Instagram. Use the hashtag #CPP