Finished 2015 Quilt Projects
- Fabric of the Year 2013 – finished 4/11/2015
- Hawaiian Donation quilt – finished 4/7/2015
- Pink T Donation Quilt – finished 3/3/2015
- Russian Rubix – finished 4/2015
- Box Full of Letters; finished 8/2015 and delivered
- Food Quilt #2; Finished 9/9/2015 and delivered
- Field Day Zipper: finished 10/2/2015
Finished 2015 non-Quilt Projects
- 7 Christmas pillowcases as gifts – finished May 4, 2015
- 1 College pillowcase – finished 7/5/2015
- 2 Christmas pillowcases – finished 7/5/2015
- Red Stripe One Hour Basket
- Blue Batik One Hour Basket
- 2 gift One Hour Baskets – finished 9/2015
- 1 Back to School pillowcase – finished 9/2015
- 3 Hallowe’en pillowcases-finished 9/2015
- 2 more Christmas pillowcases -finished 9/2015
- Anna/Elsa Christmas pillowcase – finished 9/2015
I still have WIPs. Who doesn’t, after all, but the list is getting a lot smaller.
- Aqua-Red Sampler – Frances and I finished the Basket block and you can make one as well by looking at the tutorial series. Now I am tasked with doing a tutorial on partial seaming.
- The Tarts Come to Tea: I still haven’t worked on this since April 2011, though, it is in a prominent location so I have easy access. I was thinking about how this was veering in the direction of being one of my ‘masterpieces,’ but now that it has languished for so long it just looks old and dated. 🙁
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. I still haven’t worked on this project either, but I do think about it.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. My career counselor breathed new life into this project for me. She asked a simple question and the end result was inspiration for this piece, but I kind of lost steam again after printing images on paper to try out different designs. Lately, I have been feeling like I need to finish this piece as it should be a good reminder to keep in my office.
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design, but not the colors. Still a possibility for abandonment. Just can’t seem to pull the trigger.
Ready for Quilting
Wow! Everything on this list is new, as in it was never on the original 26 Projects list.
- Christmas table runner: Basted; needs quilting and binding. I am still planning on free motion quilting this myself for practice.
- FOTY 2014: at the quilter
I decided that I had better put in an ‘In Process’ category. The difference, at least in my mind, between ‘In Process’ and ‘UFO’ is that I am actively working on a project and that is defined as“In Process.”
- English Paper Piecing Project– half hexies
- City Sampler/ Tale of Two Cities blocks
- Serendipity Lady Quilt
- Stepping Stones #2 I started out using primarily Bonnie & Camille fabrics Bliss, Ruby, Vintage Modern. I made two test blocks, but wasn’t quite happy with them, so I added a number of other reds and turquoises to the variety to make the piece more scrappy. I ending up deciding against using a solid turquoise for the background.
- Octagon 9 Patch: still making blocks
- Red and neutral Improv quilt: piecing blocks
Hunting and Gathering
- Blue Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5″x4.5″ blue rectangles
- Blue Lemonade: cutting blue, green, purple 2? squares
- Pink Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5″x4.5″ pink rectangles
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. I probably have enough fabrics and just need to decide to start.
- Stepping Stones #3 using the Macaron pre-cuts from Hoffman. I have all the fabric in pre-cuts and was thinking about it before I went to sleep the other night. It isn’t started, but I am really trying hard not to start it.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering. I am cutting a variety of greys for the background,to preserve the pattern. The pieces are too oddly shaped and I don’t want to lose the pattern in a mass of scraps
What’s on your list?