As mentioned the other day, I did a marathon and was able to finish the top and back and binding of Who Am I?
I am not sure the bottom adds heaviness, but it does break up the ‘sweetness’ of the dots. I wanted a little sweetness and I also wanted some consistency. I want the focus to be on the words and not much on the background. That’s why I didn’t introduce another fabric to the mix.
In the photo above, you can see the whole design, even the ME that is part of the background.
One thing I have to think about is quilting the borders. I used some batting to stabilize the center of the quilt for applique’. It wasn’t a great choice, but Julie had some and was willing to share at the time. I need to talk to Colleen and see what she wants me to do. I could use batting tape to connect pieces of batting to the center. I could also have Colleen use a super thin batting, which would mean the center was double-batted. We’ll see what happens.
The back is simple and went together relatively easily, which was a relief.
My reward for finishing this is a straight piecing project, but I think I will work on some bags first.