I am a bit late in posting this post, but I have made some progress.
Finished 2014 Quilt Projects
- Disappearing Pinwheel: finished 5/30/2014
- Fabric of the Year 2012: finished 4/24/2014
- Flower Sugar Hexagon: finished 7/1/2014
- Fresh Fruit: finished May 3/3/2014
- Infinity Quilt: finished 3/3/2014
- Scrapitude Carnivale: finished 6/3/2014
- See: finished 8/11/2014
- Spiderweb: finished 2/22/2014 WHEW!
- Star Sampler: finished 7/3/2014
- Wonky Nine Patch – finished 9/6/2014
I might be stuck at 10 quilts. I had hoped to finish at least one more, but I don’t know.
Finished 2014 non-Quilt Projects
- Amanda Jane Cafe Aprons – finished 6/14-15/2014
- ARHS Amanda Jane Cafe Apron – finished 11/11/2014
- Blue Tree Journal Cover – October 15, 2014
- Christmas List Pillowcases – finished week of 6/1/2014
- Church Ladies Apron – finished week of 10/220/2014
- Henry the Owl – finished 4/13/2014
- Henry 2 – finished 10/28/2014
- Native Sons Pillows (4) – finished 5/17/2014
- Native Sons Pillows (3) – finished 7/3/2014
- Orphan Block Lanyard – finished 7/13/2014
- Paris Pillowcases – finished 5/30/2014
- Pink Rose Journal Cover – finished 8/27/2014
- Scissor Sheath – finished 7/13/2014
- Scrap Lab Backpack – finished 3/16/2014
- Smokin’ Hot Pillowcase – finished 5/8/2014
- Tea Towel pillow – finished 1/1/2014
I still have WIPs. Who doesn’t, after all, but the list is getting a lot smaller.
- Aqua-Red Sampler – Frances and I haven’t really worked on this for a long time. She recently got in touch about starting up again and she finished her hexagon block.
- The Tarts Come to Tea: I still haven’t worked on this since April 2011, though, periodically, I think about working on it.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. I still haven’t worked on this, though, I do think about it. The Lunns have a new line of PP fabric out. I am curious to see the new colors. I only saw a few at PIQF
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. My career counselor breathed new life into this project for me. She asked a simple question and the end result was inspiration for this piece, but I kind of lost steam again after printing images on paper to try out different designs. Lately, I have been feeling like I need to finish this piece as it should be a good reminder for some other stuff going on in my life. Perhaps that will spur me on.
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design, but not the colors much. Possibility for abandonment. I have to face reality.
Ready for Quilting
Wow! Everything on this list is new, as in it was never on the original 26 Projects list.
- Fabric of the Year 2013: top, back and binding made; ready to take it to the quilter
- New:* Super Secret Project #4: at the quilter
- Table runner: Basted; needs quilting and binding. I am planning on free motion quilting this myself for practice, which may be a challenge when my main machine is not working. (Not on original list)
In the Finishing Process
- I am binding the Green T Quilt, which Gerre and I worked on together.
I decided that I had better put in an ‘In Process’ category. The difference, at least in my mind, between ‘In Process’ and ‘UFO’ is that I am actively working on a project that is “In Process.”
- Black/grey donation quilt
- English Paper Piecing Project
- City Sampler/ Tale of Two Cities blocks
- Russian Rubix – top complete, binding complete, label printed, back in process!
- Serendipity Lady Quilt
Hunting and Gathering
- Blue Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5?x4.5? blue rectangles
- Blue Lemonade: cutting blue, green, purple 2? squares
- FOTY 2014: cutting out 3″x5″ rectangles.
- Pink Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5?x4.5? pink rectangles
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. I probably have enough fabrics and just need to decide to start.
- Stepping Stones #2 using Bonnie & Camille fabrics Bliss, Ruby, Vintage Modern: made two test blocks, but still in the thinking stage while I decide on the background colors. I want the contrast to be good.
- Stepping Stones #3 using the Macaron pre-cuts from Hoffman. I just remembered this project. It isn’t started, but I have all the pre-cuts and should think about actually using them.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering. I will use a grey for the background, because if I use more of the cut fabric patches, the pattern will be lost. The pieces are too oddly shaped and I don’t want to lose the pattern in a mass of scraps
Nothing so far for 2014
You can find the last update for the Current Projects list provides a good comparison to this month.
I thought you might want to take a look at the first list I made, the one with the 26 Projects. I started the list in October 2011. I have made REALLY GOOD progress. Up until last month, I was still planning to stop this post when I had no more projects from the original list to write about, but now, that the end is in sight, I am not so sure. It is so useful to keep track of all of my projects. Since I still have some pretty old projects on the list, I don’t have to decide right now.
*New – Project started after I started working on the 26 Projects list