I haven’t reviewed this list since April! I suppose I have too much other content to report on.
Finished 2016 Quilt Projects
- Cityscape / Red & Black Improv quilt
- Flower Sugar donation quilt
- Food Donation quilt (did not quilt-just made top, back and binding)
Finished 2016 non-Quilt Projects
- Christmas Tablerunner
- Periwinkle Sew Together Bag
- 4 gift bags
- my Sew Together Bag
- Periwinkle Multi-tasker Tote
The ‘In Process’ is used to denote projects on which I am actively working or pretending to stitch. I try not to put away projects, because that will ensure I never work on them.
- Carpenter’s Wheel blocks – I finished #9 and #10. This concludes the blocks and I will start laying them out soon.
- English Paper Piecing Project– half hexies – I am adding another big section, but I have done half and stopped. Slowly but surely wins the race
- Lobster – have more stitching to do and then I need to quilt it.
- Octagon 9 Patch: ready to put together. Not sure what I am waiting for
- Peacock Quilt – on the design wall under review for layout.
- Pies and Points from Victoria Findlay Wolfe class. No further progress. I did find more of the background fabric when I went to Portland, so I can make a larger piece.
- Stepping Stones #2 – I put all the blocks up on the design wall to look at them and decided to make a few more blocks and some other steps I have to make.
I still have WIPs. Who doesn’t, after all? A project in the ‘UFO’ category means I am stalled. A nicer way of saying UFO is a WIP. The list is a lot shorter and the projects are newer, for the most part.
- Aqua-Red Sampler – I made progress on the partial seaming tutorial and need to sit down to finish it.
- The Tarts Come to Tea: I still haven’t worked on this since April 2011, though, it is in a prominent location so I have easy access. I was thinking about how this was veering in the direction of being one of my ‘masterpieces,’ but now that it has languished for so long it just looks old and dated.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. I still haven’t worked on this project either, but I do think about it.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. My career counselor breathed new life into this project for me. She asked a simple question and the end result was inspiration for this piece, but I kind of lost steam again after printing images on paper to try out different designs. Lately, I have stopped feeling like I need to finish this piece. I am not ready to give up on it yet. I think it really needs major surgery.
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design, but not the colors. Still a possibility for abandonment. Just can’t seem to pull the trigger.
- Serendipity Lady Quilt
Ready for Quilting
Wow! Everything on this list is new, as in it was never on the original 26 Projects list.
- 2 Thanksgiving tablerunners
- Thanksgiving tablemat
In Quilting Process
Hunting and Gathering
- Blue Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5?x 4.5? blue rectangles
- Blue Lemonade: cutting blue, green, purple 2? squares
- Pink Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5?x 4.5? pink rectangles
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. I probably have enough fabrics and just need to decide to start.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering. I am supposed to be cutting a variety of greys for the background. The problem is that I mislaid the rotary template. Sigh. I may be able to cut the greys on a Sizzix.
- Stepping Stones #3 using the Macaron pre-cuts from Hoffman. I have all the fabric in pre-cuts and am just waiting for space in my schedule.
What’s on your list?