STB Progress

STB for Dylan - exterior
STB for Dylan – exterior

I mentioned the other day that I had gotten my sewing machine back in gear. Some of my supplies, etc are still packed, so I am kind of doing ‘camping sewing’ – making do with what I have.

What I worked on was the exterior and sides of the Sew Together Bag pattern. I am making 4 of them this time. One is for me and the others will be gifts.

The first thing I did was quilt all of them. The two pieces above are from the leaf print. There are two pieces because I wanted the leaves facing up, so I had to use the ‘directional print’ directions for the exterior. Viewers cannot really see the quilting from the outside, but it looks great from the inside. I used a straight stitch and my quarter inch foot*

I did a little quilting on the others, mostly because I wanted to get to assembly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*part of the ‘camping’ since I don’t know where my box of other feet are at the moment.

Author: JayeL

Quiltmaker who enjoys writing and frozen chocolate covered bananas.

2 thoughts on “STB Progress”

    1. My fabric is all accessible. All of this stuff was separated out since I had been working on it. I can’t find my bin of feet, which is a problem. I had to cannibalize my travel bag for extra feet.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *