I have said before that adding zipper heads to zipper tape is pretty easy. I don’t do it that often, so I always have to look it up. The main tutorial I use is Sara Lawson’s tutorial. Sara provides a ton of detail and I would advise watching it at least once. I am writing a quick tutorial so you can see another version.
- zipper tape
- zipper heads
- towel holder** or fork*
1. Place your zipper head face down in your towel holder
2. Flip your zipper tape wrong side up. N. B. This means that both zipper tape and zipper head are facing in the same direction, wrong side up
3. Pull your zipper tape apart 3-4 inches and configure in a V formation
4. Carefully place each end of the zipper tape into each side of the zipper head
5. Push the tape in evenly until you can pull from the bottom
Voila! You did it!
In the future you can find this tutorial on the tutorials page.
- Natalie from Sew Hungry Hippie has a video tutorial using a jig she sells
*N.B. : If you use a fork, you might want to get one at a thrift store and just use it for zippers rather than using one you eat with.
**I use affiliate links and may be paid for your purchase of an item when you click on an item link in my post. There is no additional cost to you for clicking or purchasing items I recommend. I appreciate your clicks and purchases as it helps support this blog.