I spent the weekend trying to get back into my sewing habit in between the Christmas Concert that is the Y.M.’s midterm exam, buying and decorating a Christmas plus the house and the general chores such as laundry, cooking.
For us it is pretty cold (house has been 52 degrees F/11 degrees C and a struggle to keep there). I now many of you would revel in 52, but remember that is IN the house. outside is 40, which is perfect weather for sewing.
I think I have done most of the cutting for Scrapitude. I tried to be organized and go back and cut everything I didn’t yet cut. If I didn’t cut everything, I got enough cut to be able to make some triangles.
I had started these complex triangles another time, but ripped out the ones I made because I had used the wrong size of square or triangle. This time the process went much better. First I made the foreground triangles.
I am still trying to make them very scrappy, but I did use squares cut in half this time for the triangles.
Also, I know this unit is NOT called a complex triangle, but I have to look up what it is called and haven’t done it yet. Stay tuned for the resolution of that cliff hanger. 😉
There were very few of the foreground complex triangles, so I was done with those pretty quickly.
I mentioned the cat beds and since I had a bit of extra fabric from the gusset, I used a small piece of that fabric for one of the complex triangle units.
It is not really my kind of fabric, but one piece won’t kill me and it is the right colors.
I also made a lot of the complex triangle units with a background square and two foreground triangles.
The red kind of dominates, but it is ok. I could have used more green as well, but I am sure it will all work out.
I am pleased with the way they came out. I think I must have had a good cutting day because they all went together really well.
Now, on to making some blocks.