I was naughty and didn’t work on my Tuffet at all last weekend. The class is Thursday, so I got to it a little during the week and then seriously on Sunday.
I came home from class with some work done, but not enough. I finished 2 panels and sewed 2 strips (one seam) on the 6 other panels. Respectable work, but not a finished top. I still had work to do.
Making the Tuffet uses foundation piecing, so all I needed to do was place more strips on the foundations and sew. For some stupid reason I was reluctant.
This is new to me. I didn’t want want to ruin it. I wasn’t 100% sure of my fabric choices. Blah Blah Blah. Fear.
I decided to just take one step at a time. So, last Thursday or so, I laid out the foundations in the photo above and looked at them for a few minutes. I got my stash of project strips and laid them out. I moved them around and then I sewed one strip on. Nobody died.
Yesterday I did the same with the last strip on each foundation. Because I am using 3″ strips, I didn’t need as many as those using 2.5″ strips. That made the process go a little faster for me.
I also trimmed all the excess fabric and stay stitched the edges. This means that the panels were ready to sew into a 3D bubble.
So, I am making progress. I will, for sure, be ready by Wednesday night. There is no choice about it.