March?? March already? What happened to January and February? The last time I posted on this topic was back in December and that was a great post, because I had accomplished so much. So far this year, there is a lot of hunting and gathering going on, but not many completions. It is all about process, though, right?
Finished 2016 Quilt Projects
none so far
Finished 2016 non-Quilt Projects
- Charity Girls’ 1 Hour Baskets
- Periwinkle Sew Together Bag
- my Sew Together Bag
- Periwinkle Multi-tasker Tote
The ‘In Process’ is used to denote projects on which I am actively (or pretending) working. A project in the ‘UFO’ category means I am stalled. A nicer way of saying UFO is a WIP.
- Carpenter’s Wheel blocks – I finished #8 and started to sew #9
- English Paper Piecing Project– half hexies – slowly but surely wins the race
- Food Quilt #3 – pieces are cut. I need to start sewing
- Lobster – have more stitching to do and then I need to quilt it.
- Octagon 9 Patch: ready to put together. Not sure what I am waiting for
- Peacock Quilt – need to sew pieces and parts
- Pies and Points from Victoria Findlay Wolfe class.
- Stepping Stones #2 – I haven’t worked on this, but I still have one block on the wall for inspiration. I could work on it at any time.
I still have WIPs. Who doesn’t, after all? The list is a lot shorter and the projects are newer, for the most part.
- Aqua-Red Sampler – I still have to work on the partial seaming tutorial.
- The Tarts Come to Tea: I still haven’t worked on this since April 2011, though, it is in a prominent location so I have easy access. I was thinking about how this was veering in the direction of being one of my ‘masterpieces,’ but now that it has languished for so long it just looks old and dated.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. I still haven’t worked on this project either, but I do think about it.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. My career counselor breathed new life into this project for me. She asked a simple question and the end result was inspiration for this piece, but I kind of lost steam again after printing images on paper to try out different designs. Lately, I have been feeling like I need to finish this piece as it should be a good reminder to keep in my office.
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design, but not the colors. Still a possibility for abandonment. Just can’t seem to pull the trigger.
- City Sampler/ Tale of Two Cities blocks
- Serendipity Lady Quilt
Ready for Quilting
Wow! Everything on this list is new, as in it was never on the original 26 Projects list.
- 2 Thanksgiving tablerunners
In Quilting Process
- Christmas Tablerunner – nearly done
- I have to make the binding for one Thanksgiving tablerunner and then bind it.
Hunting and Gathering
- Blue Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5″x 4.5″ blue rectangles
- Blue Lemonade: cutting blue, green, purple 2″ squares
- Food Quilt #3: cutting food prints
- Pink Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5″x 4.5″ pink rectangles
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. I probably have enough fabrics and just need to decide to start.
- Stepping Stones #3 using the Macaron pre-cuts from Hoffman. I have all the fabric in pre-cuts and am just waiting for space in my schedule.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering. I am supposed to be cutting a variety of greys for the background. The problem is that I mislaid the rotary template. Sigh. I may be able to cut the greys on a Sizzix.
What’s on your list?