I decided to get my quilt house in order and see what kind of a year it would be with regard to quiltmaking. A few years ago, I cleared out my UFOs and after that I started new projects with near-wild abandon. I don’t think this year will be either of those years, but I want it to have healthy doses of new projects and clearing out the old.
Finished 2018 Quilt Projects
Yes, I already have a finish for 2018
- Mostly Manor Lozenge Quilt -finished 1/1/2018
Finished 2017 Non-Quilt Projects
- Hat in process, but nothing finished so far
Blocks are in process, but nothing so far
The ‘In Process’ is used to denote projects on which I am actively working or pretending to stitch. I try not to put away projects, because that will ensure I never work on them.
- City Sampler – blocks all made. Need to sash the blocks and put the top together. Due to some issues I had with my seam allowance, some of the blocks are smaller than others, so I will have to adjust them in some way – either ripping and resewing, adding a piece or two to the block or with sashing. This is sort of a sticking point and while I consider this quilt ‘in process’ I haven’t worked on it.
- Dots & Stripes HST Quilt (or Something) – half square triangle blocks are made. I laid them out and see what is what with them. These blocks did not turn out as planned. I started sewing them together over the weekend and I am liking the whole better than I thought
- English Paper Piecing Project– half hexies – I haven’t worked on this in awhile since I have been knitting while I watch TV. I’ll get back to it.–
- FOTY 2016 – I didn’t capitalize on my excitement after seeing the Ellsworth Kelly exhibit and now I have lost that rush. I still need to get on it. I’d like to get the top finished by the end of the month, if at all possible
- FOTY 2017 – pieces cut. Need to layout and start piecing.
- Lobster – I still have more stitching to do and then I need to quilt it.
- Mel Beach Quilted piece – I want to make it into a pillow cover.
- Triple Star: The blocks are all made and I have an idea of how to lay it out.
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design and am happier with the colors. I had an idea for it and would like to finish it by the end of the year.
I still have WIPs. Who doesn’t, after all? A project in the ‘UFO’ category means I am stalled. A nicer way of saying UFO is a WIP. The list is a lot shorter and the projects are newer, for the most part.
- Aqua-Red Sampler – I need to lay the blocks out and put the piece together.
- BAMaQG Color Round Robin – no progress.
- BAMaQG IRR – I will either quilt it and donate it to charity or use it for the Big Stitch class I am taking at QuiltCon.
- Handbag Sampler – this is a project about which I had forgotten. I haven’t even found a picture of all the blocks. The blocks were teaching samples when I taught a sampler class the time before I started writing the quilt class sampler tutorials. I actually don’t know exactly where the blocks are, but I have an idea and will crawl up in the far reaches of my fabric closet soon and find them.
- Octagon 9 Patch: It is ready to put together. I could have used it as leaders and enders for a number of different projects I have going. I didn’t, mostly because I have a lot of other projects I can use as leaders and enders. It might be my next leaders and enders project.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. No progress.
- Pies and Points from Victoria Findlay Wolfe class. No further progress. I need to focus on this and it is not up high enough on the list yet.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. I am stalled on this again. Again, I didn’t capitalize on the excitement I got from my career counselor and now the feeling is lost.
- Serendipity Lady Quilt: no progress.
- Stepping Stones #2 – I am still ready to make the border blocks , but haven’t gone beyond designing them yet.
- Ta Dots & Stripes HST quilt – I have started to sew the blocks together. I thought this would be a charity quilt, but it might end up as one of the Niece-phews series.
Ready for Quilting
- En Provence – This will be going to Colleen later today
In Quilting Process
- Thanksgiving tablemat – I have the correct feet and just need to get busy.
- Theoretically, the Tarts Come to Tea is in the quilting process, though I haven’t worked on it in a while. See above.
Nothing at the moment
Hunting and Gathering
- 30 Something: I am still cutting 1.5 inch squares. I am pretty sure I have the 800 I need, but I am not ready to sew them together yet, so whenever I have a chance I cut more. It will give me choice when the time comes. I’ll have to think up a new name, too.
- Blue Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5 inch x 4.5 inch blue rectangles. It has to end sometime. I am just not sure I am ready.
- Blue Lemonade: cutting blue, green, purple 2 inch squares. I used a lot of these squares for En Provence, so I will need to cut more.
- Pink Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5 inch x 4.5 inch pink rectangles
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. I might have to cut some more background fabrics. I probably have enough fabrics and just need to decide to start.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering. I am supposed to be cutting a variety of greys for the background, which required the purchase of a new template. I should be able to get going again
- Stepping Stones #3 using the Macaron pre-cuts from Hoffman. I have all the fabric in pre-cuts and am just waiting for space (and desire) in my schedule.
What’s on your list?