Cup half full
Cup of Joe
cup of coffee
Keurig – single cup coffee brewers
Columbia University Press
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup (yum!)
Children’s cup is a humanitarian and spiritual aid organization. It has feeding programs, medical treatments, and orphanages for hurting people around the world.
Stacking cups (toy)
Quidditch World Cup
Definition #1: “The cup is a customary unit of measurement for volume, used in cooking to measure liquids (fluid measurement) and bulk foods such as granulated sugar (dry measurement). Actual cups used in a household in any country may differ from the cup size used for recipes; standard measuring cups, often calibrated in fluid measure and weights of usual dry ingredients as well as in cups, are available.
As a result of the fact that the imperial cup is actually out of use and the other definitions differ hardly (±3%), the U.S. measuring cups and metric measuring cups may be used as equal in practice.
No matter what size cup is used, the ingredients of a recipe measured with the same size cup will have their volumes in the same proportion to one another. The relative amounts to ingredients measured differently (by weight, or by different measures of volume such as teaspoons, etc.) may be affected by the definitions used.” (Wikipedia)
Post the direct URL (link) where your drawing, doodle, artwork is posted (e.g. your blog, Flickr) in the comments area of this post. I would really like to keep all the artwork together and provide a way for others to see your work and/or your blog.
We are also talking about this on Twitter. Use the hashtag #CPP
The Creative Prompt Project, also, has a Flickr group, which you can join to post your responses. I created this spot so those of you without blogs and websites would have a place to post your responses.
- Measuring cup, a measuring instrument for liquids and powders, used primarily in cooking
- Cup (unit), a customary unit of volume and measure
- A type of traditional English punch
- The cup of a brassiere, the part that covers the breasts
- A protective cup in a jockstrap designed to protect the male genitalia
In mathematics, science and technology:
- Silphium perfoliatum or “Cup-plant”, a member of the sunflower family, native to North America
- The cup product in algebraic topology, denoted by the operator
- Common Unix Printing System, commonly known as CUPS, a Unix print server
- Cup (volume), a customary unit of volume
- Copper units of pressure, a type of chamber pressure measurement in firearms
In other contexts:
- Fuddling cup, a three dimensional puzzle
- A cup-shaped trophy or sports winning prize, e.g.
- Cup, a nickname for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
- The Suit of Cups, one of the four traditional suits of the Italian suited Tarot deck or of Latin suited playing cards
- An object the general shape of a drinking cup and capable of holding fluid, whether it holds a cup (measure) or not