I still have 7 projects on my WIPs list, but only 3 (4?) of them are really old. Two projects, from the “In the Quilting” stage, are ready for binding. I am still kind of in awe at how much progress I have made since I counted up my UFOs for the first time and decided to do something about it. It was 2 years ago that I started. All of the really old UFOs are mostly taken care of.
Again I need to keep in mind that I need to be thinking about whether or not to focus my efforts on not filling up the list again. I don’t mind having a few projects going at once, but I continue to feel that I don’t want stalled projects hanging around for years. I really don’t. That is the key: I have to work on them.
The machine is still in the shop, so I haven’t been doing a lot of sewing, even with the loaner (finally gave up). I pulled out the Jem and have done a bit of sewing. I have been doing a lot of cutting – still for Scrapitude, but also for one of the Super Secret Projects and a little for the Russian Rubix. Cutting so much means new projects. 😉
Finished 2013 Projects:
- Corner Store: Finished on 1/1/2013 YAY!
- The Garden. Finished on 1/5/2013 YAY!
- Stepping Stones: Finished on 2/14/2013 YAY!
- Fabric of the Year 2011: Finished on 2/27/2013 YAY
- Calm: Finished on 3/14/2013 YAY!
- A-B-C Challenge: Finished on 3/31/2013 YAY!
- Super Secret Project #1: Finished on June 13, 2013
- Super Secret Project #2: Finished on June 23, 2013
- Sparkle Pink: Finished on August 20, 2013
- Swoon: Finished on August 27, 2013
- Original Bullseye: Finished on October 20, 2013
Other non-quilt Projects finished
- 5 donation Pillowcases
- 2 fabric handbags/project bags
- 6 cat beds
- 12 napkins
- Petrillo Bag*: Finished on May 5, 2013 YAY!
- Aqua-Red Sampler – Frances and I are stalled. She has a lot going on, but I hope we will get back to it. I should be able to do the next tutorial regardless.
- The Tarts Come to Tea: I still haven’t worked on this since April 2011, though, periodically, I think about working on it.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. I still haven’t worked on this, though, every once in a while I think about using some of the squares as leaders and enders.
- See: needs satin stitching. Small, also a possibility for finishing before the end of the year, though with all the cutting I have done recently, perhaps not so much.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. I like the piece, but don’t know where to go from where I am. Mouth? Hair? The attitude I need to have is that I can’t ruin it; there is always more fabric. Possibility for abandonment.
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design, but not the colors much. Possibility for abandonment. I have to face reality.
- Flower Sugar Hexagon: This piece is up on the design wall and I have sewed a few more hexagons together, but haven’t made significant progress despite looking at it all the time.
Ready for Quilting
Again, I don’t have anything ready to take to my quilter. The machine being in the shop has put a cramp in my style this month. Sigh.
- New:* Wonky 9 Patch: needs quilting and binding. I am still thinking about quilting this myself and I am thinking about it more and more. I am wondering how far apart I can quilt it so that it has some drape. Not on original list
- Infinity blocks: blocks sewn together into a quilt top, borders on. Back and binding made; at the quilter.
- Spiderweb: Top is together, binding is made. This is at the quilter.
- New:* FOTY 2012: top, finished. Back and binding are complete; at the quilter.
- New:*Star Sampler: Top finished, back and binding finished; at the quilter. (not on original list)
- New:*Fresh Fruit: Top finished, back and binding finished; at the quilter.(not on original list)
Please note that even if you combine the two lists above, I do not have 26 projects on this list even though I keep starting new things. I am so thrilled I have made progress!!!
In the Finishing Process
I decided that I had better put in an ‘In Process’ category. The difference, at least in my mind, between ‘In Process’ and ‘UFO’ is that I am actively working on something In Process.
Hunting and Gathering
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. I probably have enough fabrics and just need to decide to start.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering. Need to find a background, because if we use the cut fabrics, the pattern will be lost. The pieces are too oddly shaped to lose the pattern in a mass of scraps.
- Stepping Stones #2 using Bonnie & Camille fabrics Bliss, Ruby, Vintage Modern: made two test blocks, but still in the thinking stage while I decide on the background colors. I want the contrast to be good.
- Super Secret Project #3: working on color choices.
Nothing so far for 2013
Last update for the 26 Projects List. Read it. There’s some interesting stuff there.
I thought you might want to take a look at the first list I made, the one with the 26 Projects. I started the list in October 2011. I have made progress. I plan to stop this post when I have no more projects from the original list to write about. I wonder when that will be?
*New – Project started after I started working on the 26 Projects list