Along with Flowerburst, I also got back this quilt, which I wish I had called Cityscape. It really does look like a cityscape.
I have sewn on the binding. I worked at sewing one whole side per evening so the binding process only took me about 8 hours. The quilt is 82″ x 84″ so quite a bit of work. I used a Kona solid for the back and the binding and it was a pain. The needle doesn’t slide through that fabric like I think it should. I MUST remember that.
The red is the background and I had Colleen think of it as a sky and put clouds in it. She did four different types of clouds in the four quadrants. I think of it as the four seasons.
The black and grey are more like buildings, so she did more geometric quilting in those areas.
Now I need to put a sleeve on it.