BAM had a Charity Sew Day on May 6th. Peggy and Michelle created kits and a pattern for walker bags for a local nursing home. I made three, though not without mishap and only with the help of SIL.
The first one I made was the pink and purple version. I liked the fabric combination.
While SIL turned the first one (the first seam is right sides together), I started in on a second. I wanted to kind of do an assembly line and get as many as possible completed. I don’t use much patriotic fabric, but I did like the flags. They are cheerful and a little jaunty.
I was kind of confused about the various seam allowances so I did have to rip a bit. SIL also ripped for me some.
I stuck a ruler in one of the pockets to show the depth. It was a little too tall for the pocket, but I am sure they will work for smaller items.
All around it was a good day. We finished about 25 bags and there was a lot of laughter, which is important as well.