Finished 2019 Quilt Projects
- Aqua-Red Sampler – finished March 2019
- Metroscape – finished March 2019
- Stepping Stones n.2 – finished January 1, 2019
Finished 2019 Non-Quilt Projects
This category covers bags, toys, aprons and knitting as well as other non-quilt projects.
- Alison’s Bag – finished 1/2019
- All Rolled Up Tote – finished 1/13/2019
- Beth’s Flapper Apron gift – finished 12/2018
- Cathy’s Flapper Apron gift – finished 12/2018
- Dee’s Flapper Apron gift – finished 12/2018
- Drawstring Bags for gifts – finished 3/2019
- Gerre’s Classmates Tote – finished 2/2019
- Gerre’s Journal Cover gift – finished 2/2019
- Gerre’s Pillowcases gift – finished 2/2019
- Juggling Balls gift – finished 1/2019
- Maureen’s Bag gift – finished 1/30/2019
- Maureen’s pincushion gift – finished 1/30/2019
- May’s Flapper Apron gift – finished 12/2018
- Mod Lights buffet runner/tablerunner – finished 3/2019
- My Flapper Apron – finished 3/7/2019
- Stephanie’s Flapper Apron gift – finished 12/2018
- Textured Cube – finished 1/23/2019
- Under the Sea pillow – finished 3/22/2019
- Ends n.7 quilt top and back – finished 1/6/2019
- Green Strips quilt top and back – finished 1/16/2019
- Green Thing donation top and back – finished 2/2019
- Libs Elliot donation top – finished 2/2019 – Cheryl actually did the quilting and the binding. She made me feel good by saying she really liked the quilt. I should try the technique using stripes instead of making stripes and see if I feel differently. I should do a lot of things.
- Purple Improv donation quilt top – finished 3/2019
- Purple Strips donation quilt top and back
- Spiky Stars n.3 donation top and back – finished 3/2019
The ‘In Process’ is used to denote projects on which I am actively working or are on the design wall waiting for me to stitch. I try not to put away projects, because that will ensure I never work on them
- FOTY 2017 – pieces cut. The pieces are back on the design wall and I am almost finished sewing them together.
- English Paper Piecing Project– half hexies – I have a big stack of stars ready to sew into the quilt. I am still thinking of my friend Faye whenever I work on it. She says that I have to think of this as my slow project.
I still have WIPs. Who doesn’t, after all? A project in the ‘UFO’ category means I am stalled. A nicer way of saying UFO is a WIP. The list is a lot shorter and the projects are newer, for the most part.
- FOTY 2018 – this has to be on the list now as I have cut a ton of squares and need to arrange and sew it together. As I am still working on FOTY 2017, I haven’t made a start on this yet.
- Handbag Sampler – this is still the forgotten project. It should be on the UFO list. Too bad I don’t have one. The blocks were teaching samples when I taught a sampler class the time before I started writing the quilt class sampler tutorials. I found one block recently, but otherwise I actually don’t know exactly where the blocks are hiding. I have an idea and still have to crawl up in the far reaches of my fabric closet soon and see if I can find them. I haven’t even found a picture of all the blocks. Sad.
- Lobster – I still have more stitching to do and then I need to quilt it. Probably also a UFO, but it nags at me from the small design wall.
- Pies and Points from 2016 Victoria Findlay Wolfe class. The last time I worked on it was when Julie and I had a playdate in April 2018. I brought this piece with me so I could cut more elements (Julie has a Sizzix). I lost my excitement about this piece shortly thereafter and still have to get it back. Thus, I had to move this to the WIPs area.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. No progress.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. I am still stalled on this again. As one of my oldest (I am pretty sure) UFO, I put it on my blog and out into the Twitterverse and Diane suggested that I not consider this as a self portrait. I think that strategy is a great idea. I am now trying to think of a new persona for her.
- Black and Red quilt – This came about because of two other projects. I made a whole bunch of bias tape as part of my failed attempt at doing the Mighty Lucky Club a few years ago. Another part of the inspiration came from my class with Tina of Little Blue Cottage fame. This was going to be for a nephew, but I think it will be for one of my SILs and BILs. I have rectangles cut and some bias tape ready. My next step is to sew the bias tape to the rectangles like pickup sticks. I don’t have any photos of this, so you’ll have to use your imagination.
- Who Am I? – This piece is up on my design and I keep meaning to work on it, but I haven’t. It requires a lot of satin stitching, but I don’t want it to end up like the Self-Portrait, so I’ll get to it sooner rather than later.
Small Projects in Process
Most of my progress involves thinking or just cutting.
- 4-Zip Organizer – part of Crafty Gemini Organizer Club. It is on my list, but I haven’t actually started
- Chubby Charmer with Good Fortune charm pack – gift; not started.
- Mondo Bag – started laying out mini-charms
- Retreat Organizer – another project from the Crafty Gemini Organizer Club, also on my list, but not yet started
- Solid black cell phone wallet – The pieces are cut out and ready to sew, except that I misplaced the box with the pieces. Sigh.
- Ultimate Project Organizer – another project from the Crafty Gemini Organizer Club, also on my list, but not yet started
- White on black dots cell phone wallet – The pieces are cut out and ready to sew, except that I misplaced the box with the pieces. Sigh.
Ready for Quilting
- Serendipity Lady Quilt: I am ready to baste it for quilting.
In Quilting Process
- BAMaQG IRR –I have been working on this lately and am making progress. It is slow since it is hand quilting. I might add some more machine quilting to the project to move it along
- City Sampler was taken to Colleen on 2/26/2019.
- Theoretically, the Tarts Come to Tea is still in the quilting process, though I haven’t worked on it in a while. Mom said she is really looking forward to me finishing it, which might be the incentive I need to get back to work on it.
Hunting and Gathering
- 30 Something: I continue to cut 1.5 inch squares. I am pretty sure I have the 800 I need, but I am not ready to sew them together yet, so whenever I have a chance to cut more, I cut more. It will give me choice when the time comes. I looked at whether I could start piecing this, but I found I need to cut some other sizes. I got those sizes on the cutting sheet and have a cut a few. I need over 600 of a size something like 1.75×3.75. I need some more accessory boxes to organize these new pieces. I’ll have to think up a new name for this quilt, too, since I am not using 1930s fabrics.
- Blue Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5 inch x 4.5 inch blue rectangles. It has to end sometime. I wasn’t sure I was ready to put this together, but I think I might be. I might do a couple of gradation quilts in a row just to get the practice.
- Blue Lemonade: cutting blue, green, purple 2 inch squares. I used a lot of these squares for En Provence.
- FOTY 2019: I decided to cut 2.5 inch squares again for the 2019 version.
- Pink Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5 inch x 4.5 inch pink rectangles
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. I might have to cut some more background fabrics. I probably have enough fabrics and just need to decide to start.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering. I am supposed to be cutting a variety of greys for the background, which required the purchase of a new template. Cutting is very therapeutic, so I should try and do it when I have a few minutes, but not a lot of time.
Gross usage is down a little bit, because I bought a small amount of fabric. I am at 54.5 yards gross and 40 yards net YTD . Some of this is fabric that I will be donating to the free table. Still, it won’t be here so I don’t need to store it. It is still early in the year so I am hoping I can still use 100 yards of fabric net. I’ll need to get some quilts finished.
What’s on your list?