At Sew Day, I worked on creating the letters for Artquiltmaker. I thought this was a good task for Sew Day. I had a big table and could spread out all sorts of papers, tools and implements so I could work efficiently. It took me the better part of 3 hours (maybe 4) to get the words out, but I was able to get it done.
The letters are not quite as good as I wanted. For one thing, the A is backwards. I don’t know how that happened. I have very high standards and I decided to be satisfied.
Friend Julie liked them and she is much less judgemental of my work than I am, but would tell me if I was off track.
After I cut them all out, it took me a little while to place them.I wanted them at a certain angle, so I fiddled a bit to get them right.
Then I fused everything in place and they were ready to stitch.
Once they were placed and fused, I spent some time satin stitching them down. I didn’t stitch the entire word down. I needed to take a break and was hoping to finish a bag on which I am working.
Hooray for progress!