I wasn’t done with the Tarts, as TFQ suggested. I feel like I made some significant progress yesterday. the blocks take a long time for me to make. I have to do the drawing, trace a couple of times, put the pattern on fusible, cut out the fabric, make sure the pieces are all going in the correct direction and then I can press and machine stitch.
Here is the whole section that I worked on, so you can see how it fits into the whole. I thought the area needed a bi of blue. I wanted to use turquoise, but didn’t want to overwelm the piece with it, thus the aqua color. I think it is a little light to be on the edge, but we’ll see how I like it once my brain has a chance to rest from it.
The yellow “china” cup wasn’t planned, but entered my head and got a place at the table, temporarily, a least. I am not sure I like the fabric for this area, though a plainer yellow would have melted into the aqua. As I mentioned, I really like the juxtaposition of different patterns on the fabric and that is what I was going for with this cup. Also, the fabric design relates to the blue china cup. They may even be part of the same group.
I am pretty pleased with the blue china cup as I was able to work in that pinky rose fabric that I wanted to use for the background of the green teapot. I think it is a good transition fabric between the background of the green and the orange of the sugar and creamer.
I realized recently that showing you all of these process shots means that you never get a surprise. I will have to think of a project I never show you just to give my readers a surprise once in a while.