In a effort to stay the chaos, I used some of the parts and pieces of the Russian Rubix as leaders and enders in between the Scrapitude project pieces.
The blocks pictured are still in 4 pieces each. I am not quite ready to sew them together. I want to contemplate the combinations of the colors for a while longer. There is a lot of blue in the left and a lot of orange in the right configuration. On one hand, one skews cool and one skews warm. On the other hand there is a lot of repetition. I haven’t changed them because I will use a lot of blocks in the quilt and I am still deciding whether, in the end, anyone will notice or care. I am also thinking about whether or not having some cool and some warm will benefit the look of the project.
Russian Rubix posts:
- Saturday February 22, 2014: Russian Rubix Colors
- Saturday December 7, 2013: Russian Rubix Center Square Test
- Monday October 28, 2013: Russian Rubix Color Choices
- Wednesday October 9, 2013: Russian Rubix Test Blocks
- Tuesday October 8, 2013: More Background Drama
- Saturday October 5, 2013: Russian Rubix Backgrounds
- Saturday September 28, 2013: In a Clear Space You Can See Across the Room
- Wednesday September 11, 2013: Chosen Colors
- Thursday August 26, 2013: Russian Rubix Templates
- Tuesday August 20, 2013: Continuing to Choose Colors
- Susan: Tuesday August 20, 2013: History Quilter Podcast Episode 39
- Monday July, 22, 2013: Russian Rubix