A nice finish, though not one that made as much impact as the Attack of the Hexies.
Finished 2014 Quilt Projects
Finished 2014 non-Quilt Projects
- Aqua-Red Sampler – Frances and I started up again! We talked about the New York Beauty and I promised to start the hexagon tutorial. I did start it, I just haven’t done much since starting it.
- The Tarts Come to Tea: I still haven’t worked on this since April 2011, though, periodically, I think about working on it.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. I still haven’t worked on this, though, every once in a while I think about using some of the squares as leaders and enders. I also want to find my notes for the others and see if I want to do them.
- See: needs satin stitching. Small, also a possibility for finishing before the end of the year, though with all the cutting I have done recently, perhaps not so much.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. I like the piece, but don’t know where to go from where I am. Mouth? Hair? The attitude I need to have is that I can’t ruin it; there is always more fabric. Possibility for abandonment.
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design, but not the colors much. Possibility for abandonment. I have to face reality.
Ready for Quilting
- New:* Wonky 9 Patch: needs quilting and binding. I am still thinking about quilting this myself and I am thinking about it more and more. I am wondering how far apart I can quilt it so that it has some drape? (Not on original list)
- New:* FOTY 2012: top, finished. Back and binding are complete; at the quilter.
- New:*Star Sampler: Top finished, back and binding finished; at the quilter. (not on original list)
- New:*Fresh Fruit: Top finished, back and binding finished; at the quilter. (not on original list)
- Flower Sugar Hexagons / Attack of the Hexies – Top finished 1/12/2014: at the quilter.
In the Finishing Process
None at this time.
I decided that I had better put in an ‘In Process’ category. The difference, at least in my mind, between ‘In Process’ and ‘UFO’. The difference is that I am actively working on a project that is “In Process.”
Hunting and Gathering
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. I probably have enough fabrics and just need to decide to start.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering. I will use a grey for the background, because if I use more of the cut fabric patches, the pattern will be lost. The pieces are too oddly shaped and I don’t want to lose the pattern in a mass of scraps.
- Stepping Stones #2 using Bonnie & Camille fabrics Bliss, Ruby, Vintage Modern: made two test blocks, but still in the thinking stage while I decide on the background colors. I want the contrast to be good.
- Super Secret Project #3: working on color choices.
Nothing so far for 2014
You can find the latest update for the Current Projects list provides a good comparison to this month.
I thought you might want to take a look at the first list I made, the one with the 26 Projects. I started the list in October 2011. I have made progress. I am still planning to stop this post when I have no more projects from the original list to write about, but it is so useful to keep track of all of my projects.
*New – Project started after I started working on the 26 Projects list