I might have an animal thing going on. We’ll see what next week brings.
Sonic the Hedgehog
Definition: “A hedgehog is any of the spiny mammals of the subfamily Erinaceinae, in the order Eulipotyphla. There are seventeen species of hedgehog in five genera, found through parts of Europe, Asia, and Africa, and in New Zealand by introduction. There are no hedgehogs native to Australia, and no living species native to the Americas (the extinct genus Amphechinus was once present in North America). Hedgehogs share distant ancestry with shrews (family Soricidae), with gymnures possibly being the intermediate link, and have changed little over the last 15 million years. Like many of the first mammals, they have adapted to a nocturnal way of life. Hedgehogs’ spiny protection resembles that of the unrelated rodent porcupines and monotreme echidnas.
The name hedgehog came into use around the year 1450, derived from the Middle English heyghoge, from heyg, hegge (“hedge”), because it frequents hedgerows, and hoge, hogge (“hog”), from its piglike snout. Other names include urchin, hedgepig and furze-pig. The collective noun for a group of hedgehogs is array or prickle.” (Wikipedia)
There are approximately 6,0006,000 quills on a hedgehog
National Day of the Hedgehog (UK – Hedgehog numbers have dropped from more than 30 million in 1950 to under a million in 2015.
Hedgehog is a new concept for a robot that is specifically designed to overcome the challenges of traversing small solar system bodies.
African pygmy hedgehog
Hedgehog Fibres is an Irish hand dyed yarn and fibre studio located in Cork, Ireland
Elizabeth Hartman quilt pattern
The MK10 hedgehog was developed by the British to overcome the primary deficiencies of the depth charge attack.
Jim Collins’ Hedgehog Concept shows you how to achieve lasting success by focusing on the one thing that really works for you.
Hedgehog Day highlights these loveable creatures – Feb 2, 2016
Strawberry Hedgehog makes handcrafted, vegan, toxin-free bath and body products
a prickle of hedgehogs
Neurons diversify astrocytes in the adult brain through sonic hedgehog signaling. (article in Science)
Hedgehog Medical Websites Development is the leading provider of design and website development to private health care practices nationwide.
Published three times a year by the Institute for Advanced Studies in Culture, The Hedgehog Review offers critical reflections on contemporary culture—how we shape it, and how it shapes us.
Hedgehog or hedgehogs may also refer to:
- Domesticated hedgehog
- Porcupine, another spiny mammal sometimes referred to as a hedgehog
- Hedgehog (band), a Beijing rock band
- Hedgehog cactus (disambiguation), a common name for Pediocactus, Echinocereus, or Echinopsis
- Hedgehog plant, Erinacea anthyllis
- Hedgehog (chess), a pawn formation in chess
- Hedgehog (weapon), an anti-submarine weapon
- Czech hedgehog (military), an anti-tank, anti-vehicle obstacle
- Hedgehog signaling pathway, a signal transduction pathway
- The Hedgehog, a 2009 French film directed by Mona Achache
- Hedgehog (EP), an EP by Melt-Banana
- Hedgehog space, a topological space
- Hedgehog mushroom (disambiguation), multiple uses
- Hedgehog defence, a military stratagem
- Sonic the Hedgehog (series), a successful video game series
- Ron Jeremy, nickname “The Hedgehog”
- Hedgehog’s dilemma, a philosophical analogy
- Hedgehog slice, a chocolate cake with biscuit pieces
- The Hedgehog and the Fox, an essay by the philosopher Isaiah Berlin
- Spiny Norman, animated character from a Monty Python sketch
- Sonic hedgehog, a protein playing a key role in vertebrate organogenesis
Post the direct URL (link) where your drawing, doodle, artwork is posted (e.g. your blog, Flickr) in the comments area of this post. I would really like to keep all the artwork together and provide a way for others to see your work and get familiar with your blog or website.
The Creative Prompt Project, also, has a Flickr group, which you can join to post your responses. I created this spot so those of you without blogs and websites would have a place to post your responses.
We are also talking about this on Twitter and Instagram. Use the hashtag #CPP