The Fleet may refer to:
Definition: “to cause (time) to pass usually quickly or imperceptibly.”
The Lost Fleet series of books by Jack Campbell
Blue & Gold Fleet
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Red & White Fleet
Band: Fleet Foxes
Reuben H. Fleet Science Center, San Diego, California
Post the direct URL (link) where your drawing, doodle, artwork is posted (e.g. your blog, Flickr) in the comments area of this post. I would really like to keep all the artwork together and provide a way for others to see your work and/or your blog.
We are also talking about this on Twitter. Use the hashtag #CPP
The Creative Prompt Project, also, has a Flickr group, which you can join to post your responses. I created this spot so those of you without blogs and websites would have a place to post your responses.
A fleet is a collection of ships or vehicles, with many specific connotations:
- Fleet vehicles, two or more vehicles
- Fishing fleet
- Naval fleet, substantial group of warships
- A group of small ships or flotilla
- A group of racing sailboats. A superset whose subsets are called “classes”. Classes may be non-identical boat types grouped into handicap rating bands or ranges, or classes may be groups of (“one-design“) boat types, identical within their respective class. A class may be further subdivided into “divisions” and/or “flights”.
- Starfleet, fictional military, diplomatic, and exploration force in Star Trek
- Ugs fleet, a collection of military ground sensors.
A fleet is a saline waterway found in river marshes:
- Fleet, Kent, a waterway in the Thames marshes, England
Fleet is found in place names:
- Fleet, Dorset, England
- Fleet, Hampshire, England
- River Fleet, subterranean river in London, England
- Fleet, Lincolnshire, England
- Gatehouse of Fleet, small town in Scotland
- Water of Fleet, a river in Scotland
- Fleet, Alberta, Canada
- Fleet (surname)
- Fleet Aircraft
- FleetBoston Financial, financial institution
- Fleet Farm, American farm and ranch supply store chain
- Fleet Foxes, American band
- Fleet (laxative), brand name for bisacody
- Fleet services, English motorway service station
- Fleet Spurs F.C.
- Ebbsfleet United F.C., whose nickname is The Fleet
- Fleet (boardgame), a strategy card game published by Eagle Games