The title of this post is so boring I just don’t know if I can stand it. It says what it is and you can find it easily but there is nothing interesting in it at all. 26 Projects was a lot more interesting.
I can’t believe it is October. January-Febuary-March seem like they were yesterday and now we are full on in Fall and thinking seriously about Thanksgiving and Christmas. Yes, Halloween is in there, too.
Finished 2014 Quilt Projects
- Disappearing Pinwheel: finished 5/30/2014
- Fabric of the Year 2012: finished 4/24/2014
- Flower Sugar Hexagon: finished 7/1/2014
- Fresh Fruit: finished May 3/3/2014
- Infinity Quilt: finished 3/3/2014
- Scrapitude Carnivale: finished 6/3/2014
- See: finished 8/11/2014
- Spiderweb: finished 2/22/2014 WHEW!
- Star Sampler: finished 7/3/2014
- Wonky Nine Patch – finished 9/6/2014
Finished 2014 non-Quilt Projects
- Amanda Jane Cafe Aprons – finished 6/14-15/2014
- Christmas List Pillowcases – finished week of 6/1/2014
- Church Ladies Apron – finished week of 10/220/2014
- Henry the Owl – finished 4/13/2014
- Native Sons Pillows (4) – finished 5/17/2014
- Native Sons Pillows (3) – finished 7/3/2014
- Orphan Block Lanyard – finished 7/13/2014
- Paris Pillowcases – finished 5/30/2014
- Pink Rose Journal Cover – finished 8/27/2014
- Scissor Sheath – finished 7/13/2014
- Scrap Lab Backpack – finished 3/16/2014
- Smokin’ Hot Pillowcase – finished 5/8/2014
- Tea Towel pillow – finished 1/1/2014
I still have WIPs. Who doesn’t, after all, but the list is getting a lot smaller.
- Aqua-Red Sampler – Frances and I haven’t really worked on this for a long time. I really want her to finish her hexagon block before we move on. I think she has progressed so much since we started that I wonder if I should just tell her how to put the quilt together and be done with it.
- The Tarts Come to Tea: I still haven’t worked on this since April 2011, though, periodically, I think about working on it.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. I still haven’t worked on this, though, I do think about it. The Lunns have a new line of PP fabric out. I am curious to see the new colors. I only saw a few at PIQF
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. My career counselor breathed new life into this project for me. She asked a simple question and the end result was inspiration for this piece, but I kind of lost steam again after printing images on paper to try out different designs. Lately, I have been feeling like I need to finish this piece as it should be a good reminder for some other stuff going on in my life. Perhaps that will spur me on.
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design, but not the colors much. Possibility for abandonment. I have to face reality.
Ready for Quilting
Wow! Everything on this list is new, as in it was never on the original 26 Projects list.
- Fabric of the Year 2013: top, back and binding made; ready to take it to the quilter
- New:* Super Secret Project #4: at the quilter
- Table runner: Basted; needs quilting and binding. I am planning on free motion quilting this myself for practice, which may be a challenge when my main machine is not working. (Not on original list)
In the Finishing Process
Nothing at this time, which is kind of odd.
I decided that I had better put in an ‘In Process’ category. The difference, at least in my mind, between ‘In Process’ and ‘UFO’ is that I am actively working on a project that is “In Process.”
- Black/grey donation quilt
- English Paper Piecing Project
- City Sampler/ Tale of Two Cities blocks
- Russian Rubix
- Serendipity Lady Quilt
Hunting and Gathering
- Blue Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5″x4.5″ blue rectangles
- Blue Lemonade: cutting blue, green, purple 2″ squares
- FOTY 2014: cutting out 3″x5″ rectangles.
- Pink Gradation Quilt: cutting 2.5″x4.5″ pink rectangles
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. I probably have enough fabrics and just need to decide to start.
- Stepping Stones #2 using Bonnie & Camille fabrics Bliss, Ruby, Vintage Modern: made two test blocks, but still in the thinking stage while I decide on the background colors. I want the contrast to be good.
- Stepping Stones #3 using the Macaron pre-cuts from Hoffman. I just remembered this project. It isn’t started, but I have all the pre-cuts and should think about actually using them.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering. I will use a grey for the background, because if I use more of the cut fabric patches, the pattern will be lost. The pieces are too oddly shaped and I don’t want to lose the pattern in a mass of scraps
Nothing so far for 2014
You can find the last update for the Current Projects list provides a good comparison to this month.
I thought you might want to take a look at the first list I made, the one with the 26 Projects. I started the list in October 2011. I have made REALLY GOOD progress. Up until last month, I was still planning to stop this post when I had no more projects from the original list to write about, but now, that the end is in sight, I am not so sure. It is so useful to keep track of all of my projects. Since I still have some pretty old projects on the list, I don’t have to decide right now.
*New – Project started after I started working on the 26 Projects list