Finished 2013 Projects:
- Corner Store: Finished on 1/1/2013 YAY!
- The Garden. Finished on 1/5/2013 YAY!
- Stepping Stones: Finished on 2/14/2013 YAY!
- Fabric of the Year 2011: Finished on 2/27/2013 YAY
- Calm: Finished on 3/14/2013 YAY!
I still think the next projects on the list will be harder, especially since I haven’t worked on them, except for the Aqua-Red Sampler. They are older, in some cases, or VERY unfinished. I am still hopeful.
- Aqua-Red Sampler – Frances is working diligently and I started the foundation piecing tutorial.
- The Tarts Come to Tea: I still haven’t worked on this since April 2011, though I did think about working on it. Does that count for something? I really do need to get back to the quilting. I am mad at myself for making such good progress and then getting sidetracked. I thought quilting the Whole Cloth quilt would get me back in the swing of quilting, but apparently not.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. Mrs. K. gave me more PP fabric and I won some from a giveaway. I still think it is a sign that I need to work on this. Leaders and enders.
- See: needs satin stitching. Small, also a possibility for finishing. I really have the feeling I came so close to working on this project this month.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. I like the piece, but don’t know where to go from where I am. Mouth? Hair? The attitude I need to have is that I can’t ruin it; there is always more fabric.
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design, but not the colors much.
- Flower Sugar Hexagon: I thought about sewing more hexagons together. Although not difficult, sewing Y seams is a bit of a chore, so I get tired of doing it after awhile. I could, perhaps, use leaders and enders to get this piece moving?
- Young Man’s t-shirt quilt: have cut up the t-shirts and am still in the process of applying fusible. He cleaned out his drawers and found some more t-shirts to add to the quilt. Oh Yay! <– just a bit of sarcasm. He asked me again for another quilt, so I think this one is next in line. I plugged in his heating mattress pad, though, which should keep him quiet for a bit longer.
- New: FOTY 2012: top, finished, though I can’t decide if I need a quilting border. Working on the back.
I still have a few more WIPs than I do finished projects. Again, I have made progress on clearing out old projects and I am pleased.
Ready for Quilting
- Original Bullseye: At the quilter
- New: Wonky 9 Patch: needs basting, quilting and binding. Not on original list
- New:* Super Secret Project #2: At the quilter. Not on original list
- New: Super Secret Project: At the quilter. Stay tuned. Not on original list
- Infinity blocks: blocks sewn together into a quilt top, borders on. Back and binding made; ready to be quilted.
- A-B-C (A-Z) BAMQG Challenge –At the quilter. Due April 1.
- New: Sparkle Pink – At the quilter.
- New: Swoon – At the quilter.
- Spiderweb: Top is together, binding is made. This is at the quilter.
Please note that even if you combine the two lists above, I do not have 26 projects on this list anymore. That is something, IMO.
In the Finishing Process
Nothing so far for 2013
Hunting and Gathering
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. Cutting fabrics as I go. TFQ does not consider this a UFO and made some good points to that end, which is why I have moved it to the Hunting and Gathering section. She says, and I have to agree, that quilts are not ‘projects’ until the sewing starts. OK. I’ll go with that.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering.
- Stepping Stones #2 using Bonnie & Camille fabrics Bliss, Ruby, Vintage Modern: made two test blocks, but still in the thinking stage while I decide on the background colors. I want the contrast to be good.
As I mentioned, I am still trying to think of a new focus for this list for 2013. I feel that I made progress on the most ancient and difficult projects and I want to honor that. I won’t give up working on the projects on this list, but I also will not allow the list to prevent me from starting new projects in 2013. What else?
Last update for the 26 Projects List
*New – Project started after I started working on the 26 Projects list