I took 7 tops to my quilter on January 21, a few days after the last update. I felt a huge sigh of relief taking them to be quilted. I don’t know why, as I explained, but I did and am still savoring the feeling. Still, just because I took quilts to the quilter does not mean they are done. They are out of my hair and I can work on other things until it is time to finish them when they come back.
Finished 2013 Projects:
- Corner Store: Finished on 1/1/2013 YAY!
- The Garden. Finished on 1/5/2013 YAY!
- Stepping Stones: Finished on 2/14/2013 YAY!
I think the next projects on the list will be harder. They are older, in some cases, or VERY unfinished. Let’s see what we can do.
- Aqua-Red Sampler – Frances is working diligently and I finished my curves block. Next up Paper Piecing. Oh yay.
- The Tarts Come to Tea: I haven’t worked on this since April 2011, which was before I got my machine fixed. I really do need to get back to the quilting. I was making good progress and then got sidetracked. I thought quilting the Whole Cloth quilt sort of got me back in the swing of quilting, so perhaps there is hope for this piece?
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. Mrs. K. gave me more PP fabric and I won some from a giveaway. I think it is a sign that I need to work on this. Leaders and enders.
- See: needs satin stitching. Small, also a possibility for finishing. I really have the feeling I need to work on this.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. I like the piece, but don’t know where to go from where I am. Mouth? Hair? The attitude I need to have is that I can’t ruin it; there is always more fabric.
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design, but not the colors much.
- Flower Sugar Hexagon: sewed more hexagons together. Sewing Y seams is a bit of a chore, so I get tired of doing it after awhile. I could, perhaps, use leaders and enders to get this piece moving?
- Young Man’s t-shirt quilt: have cut up the t-shirts and am still in the process of applying fusible. He cleaned out his drawers and found some more t-shirts to add to the quilt. Oh Yay! <– just a bit of sarcasm. He asked me again for another quilt, so I think this one is next in line. I plugged in his heating mattress pad, though, which should keep him quiet for a bit longer.
- New: FOTY 2012: top, finished, though I can’t decide if I need a quilting border. Working on the back.
I still have a few more WIPs than I do finished projects. Again, I have made progress on clearing out old projects and I am pleased.
Ready for Quilting
- Original Bullseye: At the quilter
- New: Wonky 9 Patch: needs quilting and binding. Not on original list
- New:* Super Secret Project #2: At the quilter. Not on original list
- New: Super Secret Project: At the quilter. Stay tuned. Not on original list
- Infinity blocks: blocks sewn together into a quilt top, borders on. Back and binding made; ready to be quilted.
- A-B-C (A-Z) BAMQG Challenge –At the quilter. Due April 1.
- New: Sparkle Pink – At the quilter.
- New: Swoon – At the quilter.
- Calm: basted and ready for me to quilt.
- Spiderweb: Top is together, binding is made. This is at the quilter.
In the Finishing Process
FOTY 2011: binding half done; needs sleeve
Nothing so far for 2013
Hunting and Gathering
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. Cutting fabrics as I go. TFQ does not consider this a UFO and made some good points to that end, which is why I have moved it to the Hunting and Gathering section. She says, and I have to agree, that quilts are not ‘projects’ until the sewing starts. OK. I’ll go with that.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering.
- Stepping Stones #2 using Bonnie & Camille fabrics Bliss, Ruby, Vintage Modern: made two blocks, but still on back burner while I decide on the background colors.
I decided to continue this list into 2013, at least for the time being. It is a useful tool for tracking what is done. I, of course, want to create some kind of disposition for all of the quilts and projects on the list. However, as I mentioned, I wanted to think of a new focus for 2013. I feel that I made progress on the most ancient and difficult projects and I want to honor that. I won’t give up working on the projects on this list, but I also will not allow the list to prevent me from starting new projects.
Last update for the 26 Projects List
*New – Project started after I started working on the 26 Projects list