I have stayed away from fabric purchases for the past month or so. I am stocking up a bit on zippers and I bought some FlexFoam in anticipation of making more bags and Minikins projects. With this tactic and sewing as much as I can, I am regaining some of the ground I lost on using 100 yards of fabric. I have used 50.25 yards net (89 yards total) so far this year, which is half of my goal. I reached this goal just before the end of July so only a month behind. I need to use 10 yards per month for the rest of the year. Gift bags may be on the agenda. 🙂
Finished 2020 Quilt Projects
I still only have two quilts completely finished for the year, but three quilts are on their way back from the longarmer. I am also making progress on my UFOs, which you have seen on various posts, so there is hope
- Cool Windmill – finished March 2020 – I gave this quilt to its new owner and she was thrilled.
- Warm Windmill– finished March 2020
Finished 2020 Non-Quilt Projects
This category covers bags, toys, aprons and knitting as well as other non-quilt projects.
I feel like I have made more of these small items, but I can’t find any others.
- Amy Butler Journal Cover – finished May 2020
- Arty Running with Scissors Tote – finished March 2020
- Boxy Clear Pouch – finished June 2020
- Candy gift bag- finished July 30, 2020
- Christmas Mette Ring
- Cotton Candy Pouches
- Face masks – ongoing
- Inside Outside Pouch – finished June 2020
- Mega Pinnie for Gerre – finished February 2020
- Mermaid Warrior – finished May 2020
- Mette Ring – finished April 2020
- Paper Wreath – finished April 2020
- Sewing Stand – finished May 2020
- Speedy Pouches – finished January 2020
- Vinyl pouch – finished January 2020
- Blue Spiky 16 Patch – finished May 2020
- Blue Strip Donation Top -finished March 2020
- Blue Strip #2 Donation Top – finished July 2020
- Flame Donation top/back – finished April 2020
- Orange Strip Donation quilt – finished January 2020
- Plaid Donation Quilt – finished June 2020
- Traffic Jam donation top/back – finished March 2020
- White Improv Donation Top – finished January 2020
The ‘In Process’ is used to denote projects on which I am actively working or are on the design wall waiting for me to stitch. I am continuing to try not to put away projects. I find putting a project away ensures I never work on them. I just lose steam.
Small Projects to Make or in Process
Most of my progress involves thinking or just cutting.
- One Hour Basket for organizing my decks of cards – Creative Strength, mindfulness, etc. I may switch to one of the Minikins projects for this purpose.
- One Hour Basket for my stuff that tends to accumulate on the dining room table. I may switch to one of the Minikins projects for this purpose.
- One Hour Basket for DH’s stuff that tends to accumulate on the dining room table. I may switch to one of the Minikins projects for this purpose.
- Retreat Organizer – another project from the Crafty Gemini Organizer Club, also on my list, but not yet started
- Ultimate Project Organizer – another project from the Crafty Gemini Organizer Club, also on my list, but not yet started
- Officer gifts for January 2021 – have the pattern and the supplies. Need to start so these are ready and I am not scrambling at the last minute
- Ultimate Carry All Bag – Bag-a-Long for BAM – I have the inisde pockets made and am struggling with the front pocket.
- Westchester shirt – this is a Crafty Gemini pattern. I bought the fabric at PIQF last year (??) and just need to make it. The pattern comes with a video, so there is hope it will be wearable.
I decided that some of my projects are in a different class because they are hand piecing or embroidery or beading. They take longer. Thus I created a new category and have moved some projects here.
- English Paper Piecing Project– half hexies – I haven’t been working on this since shelter-in-place started.
Ready for Quilting
- nothing yet
In the Quilting Process
- BAMQG Improv Round Robin
- Fabric of the Year 2018
- Plaid Block Party
- The Tarts come to Tea
- Warm Windmill n.2
In the Finishing Process
I still have WIPs. Who doesn’t, after all? A project in the ‘UFO’ category means I am stalled. A nicer way of saying UFO is a WIP. The list is a lot shorter and the projects are newer, for the most part.
- FOTY 2019 – this is now on the list since 2019 is over and I have the squares, theoretically, ready to sew.
- Handbag Sampler – this is still the forgotten project. It should be on the UFO list. Too bad I don’t have one. The blocks were teaching samples when I taught a sampler class the time before I started writing the quilt class sampler tutorials. I found one block recently, but otherwise I actually don’t know exactly where the blocks are hiding. I have an idea and still have to crawl up in the far reaches of my fabric closet soon and see if I can find them. I haven’t even found a picture of all the blocks. Sad.
- Lobster – I think I might make this into a tablerunner for the buffet. I think that will be a good and fun use of the piece even if the colors aren’t quite right for the dining room.
- Pies and Points from 2016 Victoria Findlay Wolfe class. The last time I worked on it was when Julie and I had a playdate in April 2018. I brought this piece with me so I could cut more elements (Julie has a Sizzix). I lost my excitement about this piece shortly thereafter and still have to get it back. Thus, I had to move this to the WIPs area.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. No progress.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. I am still stalled on this again. As one of my oldest (I am pretty sure) UFO, I put it on my blog and out into the Twitterverse and Diane suggested that I not consider this as a self portrait. I think that strategy is a great idea. I am now trying to think of a new persona for her.
- Serendipity Lady – I am still planning to take this piece to be framed.
- Who Am I? – This piece is off my design. I have lost momentum, but I think that just has to do with the amount of satin stitching I am facing.