I am back on the UCAB bandwagon! I worked on the pockets for the Brocade Peony UCAB over the weekend and made some good progress. This is part of my effort to clear off my to do list. I know I have gifts to make, so there is a push-me-pull-you going on in my brain. Fortunately, this ticks off both areas.
I started the work on the two large pockets at Tim’s on Saturday. We got together for the meeting and to sew and catch up. I started in carefully on the large pocket #1 and made good progress until I realized I had screwed up. I had the wrong piece noted in the pattern and sewed the extra pockets to the wrong piece of fabric. I didn’t have the extra fabric with me, so I stopped and worked on binding some other bags.
By the next day, I had figured out the problem and was ready to go. I thought I would abandon my efforts and start over. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find the extra fabric I thought I had, so I unpicked everything and redid it. It worked out. It took time, but unpicking is rather meditative.
Despite this inauspicious start, I was able to complete the two large pockets and make the center section of the small front pocket. I also started making the sides of the small front packet, including the Clippy section. There is a lot of fiddly sewing and cutting, so I didn’t make much progress yet.
- Clippy section of the front pocket tutorial
- Clippy Pocket Hack (type 1) – prelude to a tutorial
- Clippy Pocket Hack (type 1) pt.1
- Clippy Pocket Hack (type 1) – more info
- Front Pocket information
- Large Pocket #1 pt.1 tutorial
- Large Pocket #1 pt.2 tutorial
- Large Pocket #2 Clippy Pocket tutorial (type 2)
- Large Pocket #2 tutorial pt.2
- Pocket information