After I posted the last 26 Projects post, Sue S commented that I had accomplished a lot. It made me wonder if I should just post the new stuff and not make it an accumulation? That might make it easier to see what I have accomplished in one month. I tried it, but the result was so pathetic that I went back to normal accumulation posting. The problem is that I am working on gift projects and can’t show them until later in the year.
Finished 2022 Quilt Projects
- Cha Cha Cha table runner – finished March 27, 2022
- Diagonal Nine Patch – finished August 14, 2022
- Gelato – finished January 2022
- Scrap Dash – finished January 2022
Finished 2022 Small and Non-Quilt Projects
This category covers bags, toys, aprons and knitting as well as other non-quilt projects.
- Andalusian Pouch – finished June 12, 2022
- A Place for Everything v.2 Bag – finished 1/24/2022
- Blue Batik Gift Bag – finished April 10, 2022
- Bowl cozies – finished July 31, 2022
- Cactus Flower Flapper Apron – finished February 2022
- Canvas totes – finished February 2022
- Cotton Candy Pouch
- Cyndi B’s bag
- Drawstring bags
- Duck Bones Apron
- Essential Tote
- Echinacea Glow
- Friesan Pouch
- Gift Bags
- Christmas gift bags – finished January 23, 2022
- Christmas gift bags (grey dot) – finished February 2022
- Christmas gift bags (masked)
- Snowglobe gift bag
- Journal covers
- Blue Journal #1 – finished January 22, 2022
- Blue Journal Cover #2 – finished January 22, 2022
- Kristin’s Pink Journal Cover
- La Passacaglia
- Halloween Pillowcases
- Project Bags
- Gift Project Bags #1
- Gift Project Bag #2
- Gift Project Bag #3
- My Project Bag
- Rainbow Pincushion – Finished March 2022
- Scissor Cozies
- Leaf version – finished March 2022
- Pickle version for Maria- finished January 2022
- Sugar Skull version for Gerre – finished January 2022
- Sunset Project Bag – finished June 2022
- Take a Stand bags
- Mom’s Take a Stand
- Gift Take a Stand
- My Take a Stand/Without a Trace
- American Jane Plus – finished June 2022
- Creamsicle donation top – finished September 2022
- Ends n.12 (Pop Parade)- finished February 2022
- Ends n.13 (Pink & Black) – finished February 2022
- Ends n.14 (Typewriter) – finished June 2022
- HST Sawtooth Star – finished February 2022
- Missouri Star Donation quilt – finished April 2022
- Rainbow Strip donation top – finished September 2022
- Sew Day Donation top & back – finished April 2022
- Yellow Improv Donation Top & Back – finished February 2022
Ready for Quilting
In Process or To Make
The ‘In Process’ is used to denote projects on which I am actively working or are on the design wall waiting for me to stitch. I am continuing to try not to put away projects. I find putting a project away ensures I never work on them, because I just lose steam.
Quilts (machine work)
I decided that some of my quilts are in a different class because they are hand piecing or embroidery or beading. They take longer. Thus I created a new category and have moved some projects here.
- English Paper Piecing Project– half hexies – I worked on this project again while I was waiting for La Pass Month 11 to arrive. I need to lay it out and figure out the bottom so I can put the border pieces on
- La Passacaglia – I am up to date on this project and waiting for Month 13 to arrive.
Most of my progress involves thinking or just cutting. I don’t have a bag in process at the moment.
- Ultimate Project Organizer – another project from the Crafty Gemini Organizer Club, also on my list, but not yet started
- Retreat Organizer – another project from the Crafty Gemini Organizer Club, also on my list, but not yet started. Recently, I saw one of these made up and I am not so nervous about it
- Brocade Peony UCAB – in process
- Rose Petrillo bag – I found the pieces for this bag cut out, but not sewn.
- Superbloom tote using Hindsight fabric – not started
- Westchester shirt – this is a Crafty Gemini pattern. I bought the fabric at PIQF in 2018. I have the pattern pieces cut out and ready to sew. I have given up on doing this on my own. I am going to visit Mary C and she is going to hold my hand while I finish it.
In the Quilting Process
- The Tarts come to Tea – I am working diligently on getting this quilted. I am sick of looking at it.
- BAMQG IRR
- Pies & Points
In the Finishing Process
- Nothing at the moment
I still have UFOs. Who doesn’t, after all? A project in the ‘UFO’ category means I am stalled, it hasn’t been worked on in awhile or it is waiting its turn to be worked on. The list is a lot shorter and the projects are newer, for the most part.
I am annoyed that some of these are still WIPs. I just need to work on them!
- Handbag Sampler – this is still the forgotten project. It should be on the UFO list. The blocks were teaching samples when I taught a sampler class some time before I started writing the quilt class sampler tutorials. I found one block recently, but otherwise I don’t actually know exactly where the blocks are hiding. I crawled up in the far reaches of my fabric closet to see if I could find them and they weren’t where I thought. I am sort of mystified as to where they could be. I haven’t even found a picture of all the blocks. WTH?
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. No progress.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. After a brief burst of inspiration, I am stalled on this again. As one of my oldest (I am pretty sure) UFOs, I put it on my blog and out into the Twitterverse and Diane suggested that I not consider this as a self portrait. I think that strategy is a great idea. I am now trying to think of a new persona for her.
- Serendipity Lady – I am still planning to take this piece to be framed. It might need a bit of quilting first.
- Fabric of the Year 2020
- Fabric of the Year 2021 – I may combine 2020 and 2021 into a COVID edition.