I told you I was going to change this post to reflect the progress that I have made on the 26 Projects List. I really only have two “really old” UFOs left on my list – the Pointillist Palette and the Tarts Come to Tea. The others are old, but they have a different feel to me. I may be kidding myself, but that is what is in my head right now.
I am really pleased that I finished the Attack of the Hexies top and am feeling like I have made a huge leap forward.
- Aqua-Red Sampler – Frances and I are stalled. She has been talking about getting back to it. I am thinking about the next tutorial., because I can write it without her, though I am not that motivated.
- The Tarts Come to Tea: I still haven’t worked on this since April 2011, though, periodically, I think about working on it.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. I still haven’t worked on this, though, every once in a while I think about using some of the squares as leaders and enders.
- See: needs satin stitching. Small, also a possibility for finishing before the end of the year, though with all the cutting I have done recently, perhaps not so much.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. I like the piece, but don’t know where to go from where I am. Mouth? Hair? The attitude I need to have is that I can’t ruin it; there is always more fabric. Possibility for abandonment.
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design, but not the colors much. Possibility for abandonment. I have to face reality.
Ready for Quilting
- New:* Wonky 9 Patch: needs quilting and binding. I am still thinking about quilting this myself and I am thinking about it more and more. I am wondering how far apart I can quilt it so that it has some drape. (Not on original list)
- Infinity blocks: blocks sewn together into a quilt top, borders on. Back and binding made; at the quilter.
- Spiderweb: Top is together, binding is made. This is at the quilter.
- New:* FOTY 2012: top, finished. Back and binding are complete; at the quilter.
- New:*Star Sampler: Top finished, back and binding finished; at the quilter. (not on original list)
- New:*Fresh Fruit: Top finished, back and binding finished; at the quilter. (not on original list)
- Flower Sugar Hexagons / Attack of the Hexies – Top finished 1/12/2014: I finished the top, back and the binding on January 12. It is ready to be taken to the quilter.
In the Finishing Process
None in January.
I decided that I had better put in an ‘In Process’ category. The difference, at least in my mind, between ‘In Process’ and ‘UFO’ is that I am actively working on a project that is “In Process.”
Hunting and Gathering
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. I probably have enough fabrics and just need to decide to start.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering. I will use a grey for the background, because if I use more of the cut fabric patches, the pattern will be lost. The pieces are too oddly shaped and I don’t want to lose the pattern in a mass of scraps.
- Stepping Stones #2 using Bonnie & Camille fabrics Bliss, Ruby, Vintage Modern: made two test blocks, but still in the thinking stage while I decide on the background colors. I want the contrast to be good.
- Super Secret Project #3: working on color choices.
Nothing so far for 2014
Last update for the 26 Projects List. Read it. There’s some interesting stuff there.
I thought you might want to take a look at the first list I made, the one with the 26 Projects. I started the list in October 2011. I have made progress. I plan to stop this post when I have no more projects from the original list to write about. I wonder when that will be?
*New – Project started after I started working on the 26 Projects list