Finished 2023 Quilt Projects
Finished (for me!) Donation Quilts
I don’t quilt much and I enjoy the collaborative effort of making a top and allowing someone else to quilt it. Thus, the quilts below are mostly tops, but I will include a finished quilt once someone else finishes it for the group.
- Blue Strip #3 donation top
- Ends n.15 – late July 2023
- Ends n.16 – late July 2023
- Ends n.17 – late July 2023
- Friendship Star donation top – January 2023
- Pink Strip donation top – March 2023
- QST 16 Patch donation top – October 2023
- Spiky 16 Patch #5 – June 2023
Finished Bags and Small Projects
This category covers bags, toys, aprons and knitting as well as other non-quilt projects.
- 2-in-1 Case
- Bristol Pouch
- Chrysanthemum version
- EPP Balls
- Enigma Bag
- Gift Bags
- Hackney pouch
- I Spy pouch
- Kit Supply Tote
- Knitting Needles Case #2
- La Passacaglia
- Pink Journal Cover
- Scissor Cozies
In Process or To Make
The ‘In Process’ is used to denote projects on which I am actively working or are on the design wall waiting for me to stitch. I am continuing to try not to put away projects. I find putting a project away ensures I never work on them, because I just lose steam.
Quilts (machine work)
- Scrappy Celebration – making blocks
I decided that some of my quilts are in a different class because they are hand piecing or embroidery or beading. They take longer. Thus I created a new category and have moved some projects here.
- La Passacaglia – The rosettes are all assembled. I am ripping out the papers and deciding what to do with the border.
Ready for Quilting
In the Quilting Process
- Nothing at the moment
In the Finishing Process
- Nothing at the moment
- Ultimate Project Organizer – another project from the Crafty Gemini Organizer Club, also on my list, but not yet started. I did pull the fabric, supplies and reviewed some finished photos that others posted, so I am one step closer.
- Retreat Organizer – another project from the Crafty Gemini Organizer Club, also on my list, but not yet started. Recently, I saw one of these made up and I am not so nervous about it. I did pull the fabric, supplies and reviewed some finished photos that others posted, so I am one step closer.
- Rose Petrillo bag – I found the pieces for this bag cut out, but not sewn.
- Superbloom tote using Hindsight fabric – not started. I did pull the fabric, supplies and found a photo I plan to use as inspiration that others posted, so I am one step closer.
I still have UFOs. Who doesn’t, after all? A project in the ‘UFO’ category means I am stalled, it hasn’t been worked on in awhile or it is waiting its turn to be worked on. The list is a lot shorter and the projects are newer, for the most part.
I am annoyed that some of these are still WIPs. I just need to work on them!
- Handbag Sampler – this is still the forgotten project. I found one block in the not-too-distant past, but otherwise I don’t actually know exactly where the blocks are hiding. I crawled up in the far reaches of my fabric closet to see if I could find them and they weren’t where I thought. I am sort of mystified as to where they could be. I haven’t even found a picture of all the blocks. WTH?
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. After a brief burst of inspiration, I am stalled on this again. As one of my oldest (I am pretty sure) UFOs, I put it on my blog and out into the Twitterverse and Diane suggested that I not consider this as a self portrait. I think that strategy is a great idea. I am now trying to think of a new persona for her.
- Serendipity Lady – I am still planning to take this piece to be framed. It might need a bit of quilting first.
- Fabric of the Year 2020
- Fabric of the Year 2021 – I may combine 2020 and 2021 into a COVID edition.
- Fabric of the Year 2022 – yes, I added this one to the list, but this is the last one I plan to do.