I told you that I was thinking about changing the name of this post in the new year. I think it is a valuable post for me to write, so I have decided that I will continue, but will just change it somewhat. I will freshen it up a bit to reflect the progress I have made on the old projects and change the focus to WIPs rather than UFOs.
12 quilts finished in 2013 is something of which to be proud, thanks to the 26 Projects post.
Again I need to keep in mind that I need to focus my efforts on not filling up the list with UFOs again. I don’t mind having a few projects going at once, but I continue to feel that I don’t want stalled projects hanging around for years. I really don’t. That is the key: I have to work on the projects. If I work on projects in which I am interested, I don’t think I will let them languish for years.
Finished 2013 Projects:
- Corner Store: Finished on 1/1/2013 YAY!
- The Garden. Finished on 1/5/2013 YAY!
- Stepping Stones: Finished on 2/14/2013 YAY!
- Fabric of the Year 2011: Finished on 2/27/2013 YAY
- Calm: Finished on 3/14/2013 YAY!
- A-B-C Challenge: Finished on 3/31/2013 YAY!
- Super Secret Project #1: Finished on June 13, 2013
- Super Secret Project #2: Finished on June 23, 2013
- Sparkle Pink: Finished on August 20, 2013
- Swoon: Finished on August 27, 2013
- Original Bullseye: Finished on October 20, 2013
- T-Shirt quilt: Finished
Other non-quilt Projects finished
- 5 donation Pillowcases
- 3 Gift Pillowcases
- 2 fabric handbags/project bags
- 6 cat beds
- 12 napkins
- Petrillo Bag*: Finished on May 5, 2013 YAY!
- Needlcase for BAMQG Secret Santa gift
- 2 Needlecases for BAMQG
- Shopping bag for BAMQG
- Shopping bag for BAMQG Secret Santa gift
- Aqua-Red Sampler – Frances and I are stalled. She has a lot going on, but I hope we will get back to it. I am thinking about the next tutorial regardless.
- The Tarts Come to Tea: I still haven’t worked on this since April 2011, though, periodically, I think about working on it.
- Pointillist Palette #4: Fourth is a series of 6 quilts; needs tiny square patches sewn together. I still haven’t worked on this, though, every once in a while I think about using some of the squares as leaders and enders.
- See: needs satin stitching. Small, also a possibility for finishing before the end of the year, though with all the cutting I have done recently, perhaps not so much.
- Self Portrait: started in 2006 at a class at Quilting Adventures in Richmond, Virginia. I like the piece, but don’t know where to go from where I am. Mouth? Hair? The attitude I need to have is that I can’t ruin it; there is always more fabric. Possibility for abandonment.
- Under the Sea: class project; like the design, but not the colors much. Possibility for abandonment. I have to face reality.
- Flower Sugar Hexagon: This piece is up on the design wall and I have sewed a few more hexagons together, but haven’t made significant progress despite looking at it all the time. I am beginning to think I should have added fabrics from different lines to this piece.
Ready for Quilting
Again, I don’t have anything ready to take to my quilter. The machine being in the shop has put a cramp in my style this month. Sigh.
- New:* Wonky 9 Patch: needs quilting and binding. I am still thinking about quilting this myself and I am thinking about it more and more. I am wondering how far apart I can quilt it so that it has some drape. (Not on original list)
- Infinity blocks: blocks sewn together into a quilt top, borders on. Back and binding made; at the quilter.
- Spiderweb: Top is together, binding is made. This is at the quilter.
- New:* FOTY 2012: top, finished. Back and binding are complete; at the quilter.
- New:*Star Sampler: Top finished, back and binding finished; at the quilter. (not on original list)
- New:*Fresh Fruit: Top finished, back and binding finished; at the quilter. (not on original list)
Please note that even if you combine the two lists above, I do not have 26 projects on this list anymore. This is true even though I keep starting new projects. I am thrilled that I have made progress!!!
In the Finishing Process
- Original Bullseye: Sleeve made. still working on the hand sewing. I have been embellishing Christmas stockings instead of sewing on the sleeve.
I decided that I had better put in an ‘In Process’ category. The difference, at least in my mind, between ‘In Process’ and ‘UFO’ is that I am actively working on something In Process.
Hunting and Gathering
- Spin Wheel: really not started, but supplies gathered. I probably have enough fabrics and just need to decide to start.
- Windmill quilt: Still hunting and gathering. Need to find a background, because if we use the cut fabrics, the pattern will be lost. The pieces are too oddly shaped to lose the pattern in a mass of scraps.
- Stepping Stones #2 using Bonnie & Camille fabrics Bliss, Ruby, Vintage Modern: made two test blocks, but still in the thinking stage while I decide on the background colors. I want the contrast to be good.
- Super Secret Project #3: working on color choices.
Nothing so far for 2013
Last update for the 26 Projects List. Read it. There’s some interesting stuff there.
I thought you might want to take a look at the first list I made, the one with the 26 Projects. I started the list in October 2011. I have made progress. I plan to stop this post when I have no more projects from the original list to write about. I wonder when that will be?
*New – Project started after I started working on the 26 Projects list